4.

if you a baddie reading this comment hannnnnnn

"He want you to do what?" Lorenzo's voice rang throughout the car via Bluetooth as KJ drove to her doctors appointment.

"I know, but I have to." KJ sighed.

She watched as he scrunched up his face and spoke "Youn have to do nothing but be black and die."

"Nah you don't understand tho. Even though whatever happened between us happened, I still do have so much love for Amir and now he's gone so I have to honor that." She explained to him.

"Ight I respect that." Lorenzo nodded. "So how you gon do this?"

"Umm we meeting up after my appointment. I got the baby some clothes and some other shit,"

The two talked about other things until she finally made it to the parking lot.

"I checked in online and they said the doctor is ready.. so I'll call you back." She said as she slowly got out of the car.

The nurse walked her into her assigned room, and got settled in.

"Hi mommy, how are we doing today?" Her doctor smiled as she came in.

KJ gave her a small smile "Hey, I'm good."

"Good! So we're here for a routine checkup, so I'm going to start with an ultrasound then go from there." She explained.

KJ nodded and lifted her shirt up for the doctor.

"How's the third trimester been treating you?"

"Uhhh not as bad as the first two, I've really just been cleaning everything all day and I have to pee a lot." KJ told her.

"You're just getting ready for the baby, one more month."

KJ gave her a small smile "Yea.."

Honestly, KJ wasn't sure about the baby at first and she still wasn't. She new that a child was a big responsibility and at 20 that wasn't something she imagined herself dealing with.

"Any names?"

"Umm well... not really. I guess it'll come to me but I don't know the gender so I'm not really sure what I'm looking for." KJ told her.

The doctor smiled and pointed at the screen "Oh and see, baby is waving at us."

KJ recorded it, then saved it to her camera roll for later.

She didn't keep her pregnancy a secret but she also didn't post it on social media, and she most likely wasn't going to post her baby when the time came.

"Alright, baby has moved into the right position, which is probably why you've had to pee more. But.."

"But?" KJ perked up and raised an eyebrow. 

"They're looking to be a little bigger than normal, Kamari I may have to induce you early and we may have to do a cesarean."

KJ shook her head "No I don't want a c-section."

"I know, and I don't think that we'll get to that point but I am really considering an early induction."

"Sooo why wasn't this detected before today? I thought everything was smooth sailing." She said.

"Yes, but things can change once we reach a certain point in pregnancies, especially the baby's growth."

KJ nodded "Okay, and when do you wanna induce me?"

"At the moment, right at 39 weeks. I want you in for an appointment in two weeks at 37 weeks to make a final decision."

"..Ok"

_____________________

"Hey sorry I'm late, I was struggling to park" KJ said as she sat down at the park Jayani and her agreed on.

"You good." Jayani said bouncing a baby in her arms.

"And this is Armani?" KJ smiled at the chunky baby who looked exactly like Amir, minus his nose.

"Yup." She nodded, popping her "p"

"..Okay, well I brought him the things you listed off and I have this for you."

Jayani watched as KJ pushed an envelope towards her and motioned to four big shopping bags.

"Mhm, you got his formula?"

"I did."

The two fell into a tension filled silence causing KJ to blow out a breath.

"Look.. Jayani youn have to like me cause I certainly don't like you. But I am trying to help out and be an adult about everything, the reality is Amir is dead and you still have his son. Another reality is I'm pregnant and I would really like for our kids to have a relationship."

"We didn't ask for none of this." Jayani said smacking her lips.

KJ nodded and stood up "Okay."

Jayani sat back in her seat until she saw KJ take back all the stuff.

"Okay.. chill out. We can be adults about this." Jayani said, stopping her.

KJ thought about it for a second then sat back down.

"Alright then, like I was saying we don't have to be friends but you can be respectful. Anything else he needs just let me know."

Jayani nodded before she spoke "So how far are you?"

"Yesterday made 8 months." KJ smiled.

"Mm you know what it is?"

KJ shook her head "I wanted to wait."

"I bet Amir was excited.. he was for Armani."

KJ felt a wave of sadness that she quickly pushed away.

"He was." She lied.

Truthfully, KJ was slightly jealous of Jayani. Amir met her baby and at least got to experience a few months of her pregnancy. But KJ got nothing. No doctors appointments, birth classes, or anything else she was going to need him for. She knew that was partially her fault, but she still felt a way about it.

"You wanna hold him?" Jayani asked.

"Yea.." KJ smiled.

She grabbed the baby and held him for a few seconds until she felt herself about to cry.

"I know.. he look just like that nigga." Jayani laughed.

The two fell into a silence again as KJ held the baby, but this time it felt more relaxed.

"I'm sorry about the little situation on live." Jayani apologized.

KJ nodded "It's fine,"

"And I'm also sorry for how you found out about Mani."

"That's fine too." KJ smiled. "We good okay?"

"Ight.."

How y'all feel about Jayani?

Thoughts in general?

y'all better respond too🙄