13.

KJ listened as Amyri cried and sighed. She was slowly getting tired of this cycle of someone depending on her 24/7.

"KJ.. you good mama?" Amir asked.

KJ looked up, realizing the crying had stopped and Amir was now holding the baby.

Her breast were also now leaking.

"Mhm," she nodded before standing up from her couch, "I need to go to the gym."

"Ight, I got him for the day."

Not saying anything else, KJ headed to her room to handle her hygiene and get ready for her day.

Despite Amir's efforts to help as much as he could, KJ felt a bit overwhelmed.

"Ohmygoshhh." She huffed as she got into the shower.

Once she finished getting dressed, she came out to breakfast on the stove.

"Yo plate right there." Amir said as he rocked Amyri.

KJ gave him a small smile before sitting at the island in front of the food, "Thank you."

She finished her food fairly quick so that she could quickly leave the apartment.

"Aye.." Amir called as she headed to the door with her purse.

KJ turned back around, "Hmm?"

"Come here."

She internally groaned as she wanted to leave as quick as possible, but she made her way over to him.

"You good?"

"Yes, Amir." She said, with an attitude laced in her voice.

He scrunched up his face, "Ight.. I'm just asking. Lemme know if you need anything."

This made KJ feel slightly bad about the way she spoke to him.

"Thank you, Amir. I appreciate it." She said before reaching up to place a small kiss on his cheek.

She then looked at the baby and felt bad about wanting to leave him for the day.

"Bye baby, mommy will be back."

Finally, she left the apartment and headed to her parking garage.

Once she began driving, it wasn't long before she got to her main gym.

"Heyyy girl!" Her assistant manager smiled as she came in.

"Hey, I know I haven't been in for a few weeks.. how is everything?"

The manager waved her off, "Everything's good, and really all that work from home you did feel like you was here everyday."

"I was tryna stay on top of everything." KJ laughed.

"How's lil man?"

KJ's smile widened, "He's doing well, thanks for asking."

"And how are you doing? I know after I had both my daughters it was hard for me mentally."

KJ let out a sigh, "I definitely be feeling over it all the time. Like I just wanna run away a little, but then I feel guilty because I really do love my son.."

"It's just too much sometimes?" Her manager nodded, "I understand.. even though you a mother now, it's important to take a little time to take care of yourself."

"His dad been helpful.." KJ told her.

Her manager made a face, "Girlllll.. you gotta tell me about that. How he come back from the dead?"