6.

hey everyone..

so, I think I'm starting back on this book but I deleted a few chapters. I'm changing the storyline up a bit, I want to go in a different direction.

It's been a minute so reread chapters 1-5, I didn't change those.

okay that's it!
________________________

"I don't know.. I kind of want to find out the gender." KJ told Lorenzo.

The two were currently at her 37 week doctors appointment to check on the baby, and to find out if she'd be having a C-Section.

"Hi mom!" A nurse smiled as she came in. "No dad again?"

This nurse in particular always irritated KJ. Every appointment she'd ask about the baby's father, this was even after KJ informed her of Amir's death.

"Katie, I'd hate to have to beat yo ass this far into my pregnancy." KJ said.

Today, KJ was a little irritated.

The crib she'd ordered for the baby was now on back order.

To her, it felt like the world was ending. But to Ximora and Lorenzo, she could just order another nude colored crib.

"Uhh, you could just send someone else in.." Lorenzo said as he eyed the nurse weirdly.

KJ watched as Katie made her way out of the room and took a deep breath.

"I hate all this shit, I just want to go home." She huffed.

Lorenzo just sat quietly for a moment to figure out what to say, as he did not want her to yell at him.

"KJ.. I think maybe we should find out the gender and then plan a little baby sprinkle."

KJ scrunched up her face, "What's that?"

"Since you not tryna have a baby shower, we could just do something small to still celebrate."

Lorenzo hated how miserable and sad KJ had been for the majority of her pregnancy.

At first, she was dealing with the hurt from Amir having a baby with another woman.

Then came Amir's death.

Now she was just drowning in all the pain.

"Okay.. I think that sounds nice." KJ said as a small smile appeared on her face.

Lorenzo let out a breath of relief as the doctor entered the room.

"Hey guys! All of our other nurses are with patients so I'll just check everything out for you." Her doctor smiled.

After the doctor checked all of KJ's vitals and collected urine, it was time for an ultrasound.

"Are you excited to see baby?"

KJ nodded, the baby was the only thing that brought her any type of happiness at this point.

"Can we get the gender?" KJ asked.

She'd held out because she wanted to be surprised at the birth, but at this point she didn't care to wait.

"We can do that too." The doctor said with a nod.

As the appointment progressed, KJ learned that the baby was still growing a little bigger than normal, but her doctor wouldn't be doing a C-Section. 

"Okay, and I'm assuming your diet has gotten better? Your vitals seem a lot better." The doctor smiled.

At first, KJ was just binge eating a lot snacks, until her doctor warned her of the risks which scared her.

So KJ started back eating sensible foods and working out in her gym.