16.

Life is lifing for me

"Amir moveee," KJ laughed as they walked out of the movies.

He kept trying to touch all on her.

"Nah, you look good tonight.. I ain tell you earlier," he smiled before grabbing her hand.

"Thank you, baby," KJ blushed.

Amir noticed that KJ had become self conscious in her body, so he kept trying to find more ways to show her love.

"You want something to eat?" He asked as they made it to his car.

KJ shrugged, getting in the car.

"I do.. but I don't know what I want."

"Not gon lie, Maggiano's sound good to me," He told her.

She thought about it then smiled, "It actually do."

"Ight then," he nodded before pulling out his space.

"Aye tho.. when we deciding on a school for Amyri?"

KJ shrugged, "I like the daycare Armani is at. It'll be easier for pick up too."

"That's what I was meaning to ask. Do you mind if I put you as Mani emergency contact and put you on the pickup list?"

they does this parent shit fr

"No, I don't mind,"

"Bet.. so you want me to get the enrollment papers for Myri?"

"Yea, you can."

"Okay we have to stop tho, because we breaking our rule," KJ laughed.

The two had agreed not to talk about the kids during their dates. They knew it would defeat the purpose of relearning one another if they spent time only discussing things about the kids.

"Ahh shit that's my bad."

"When you going back to work?" KJ asked, trying to start up a conversation about him.

Amir shrugged, "The shop straight business wise.. I just been handling that."

"I know, but what about your car fixing stuff?"

This caused Amir to laugh.

"You funny as hell, shawty. But ion know if that's what I'm tryna do no more.. I wanna sell cars."

"My man the car seller!"

Amir smirked, "Yo man?"

"Okayyy, don't do too much." KJ laughed with a side eye.

"But yea, I been talking to a few folks to make sure I get what I need. So I'm thinking about adding the car lot onto the shop I already got."

KJ smiled, "That sounds good.."

"Yea?" He asked, with slight doubt laced in his voice.

"Yes Amir, you're so business minded. I know this will be a good thing for you," KJ said trying to reassure him.

"Thank you, mama."

"You're welcome, sexy.."

Amir eyed her as he continued driving.

"Don't get fucked, Kamari."

KJ just laughed as she leaned back in her seat, "I low key wanna move."

"Uhhh here she go ya'll.. you say this everyday."

"No, I'm serious Amir. I feel like I outgrew the loft, I think I want a house or sum.." she told him.

KJ watched as his body slightly shifted. 

"You could move in wimme.." Amir lowly mumbled, but she heard.

"We're still working on building our relationship," she said.

He smacked his lips, "Ight KJ."

"Don't do that, Amir.."

"I understand we not together fully, but we still gotta family KJ. The house got hella space for you and my son."

"We can be a family and not rush into moving with one another," KJ explained.

Though Amir didn't like it, he understood what she was saying. However, he longed for a "family unit," he wanted to raise Amyri in the same household.

"We can still raise Amyri together without living in the same house."

Amir shook his head, "Coparenting with you isn't my goal.. I wanna marry you and shit."

KJ was taken aback.

"I don't want to get married, Amir.. At least not yet"

Amir scrunched up his face, he never realized that wasn't everyone's ideal life.

"We already gotta baby."

She shook her head, "To me that doesn't mean that the next step is to rush into marriage.. I honestly wouldn't have had a baby this young either."

"So you regret having my baby?" He asked.

KJ scrunched up her face as that wasn't what she was saying.

"No! I love my son. But I wouldn't have had him at 20. So, since marriage is something I can control more, I would prefer not to rush into it."

"Ight, I understand.."

The car fell silent, causing KJ to sigh.

"Amir, I love you.. and I do want to try us again. However there is so much that we need to work on. For example, I'm not completely past you faking your death-"

"KJ.."

She shook her head, "And I know you're not past me not telling you I was pregnant. On top of that we added two kids into the mix in one year..it's a lot."

"We're working on forgiving each other, relearning each other, and blending a family.. it takes time."

Hearing it broken down like this made sense to Amir.

"I get it, Mari. I apologize,"

"Good.. I don't want our date ruined. I love you, Amir and I want us to do good this time."

"I love you too, mama." He said as she leaned in to peck his lips.