5.

"Everything is everything, after winter must come spring." KJ sang as she walked out of her bathroom with a towel wrapped around her.

"What imma wear?"

She looked in her drawer and closets, then settled on a hoodie she stole from Chris and some leggings, paired with her black Yeezy slides.

"Good morning lil nigga." She spoke to her stomach as she rubbed Vaseline all over it.

The baby kicked a little then stopped once she finished with the Vaseline.

"I guess the neighbors think I'm selling dope." She rapped as she slid her hoodie on.

"It's too hot for a bra." She said to herself.

Soon, she was finished getting dressed and she headed down the stairs to make herself a quick bowl of cereal and take her vitamins.

____________________

"Jaelennnnnnn," KJ smiled as she walked into their house.

He scrunched up his face as she hugged him.

"Umm you not gon hug me?" She looked up to see him mugging her. "What's wrong?"

"When you start calling me that?" He asked stepping out of the hug.

"Calling you what?"

"jAelENnNnNN" he mocked.

She let out a laugh "Why you trippin' sir?"

"Mane gone." He said before walking away.

"..Ok." She scrunched up her face in confusion, but carried on.

"Whoa." Naz said as she walked into the kitchen.

She eyed him then spoke "What's the "whoa" about?"

"You wider than a bitch."

Her eyes widened and before she could say anything, Ximora popped him in the back of his head.

"Boy what did I tell you about that?"

"Anyways.." KJ said as he walked off with tears in his eyes. "Why your husband caught an attitude wimme?"

"What happened?" Ximora asked.

"Sooo I come in like 'Jaelen' and give him a hug. Then he mugging me talm bout 'when you start calling me that' then he walked off."

"Well when do you ever call him that? And you know you haven't really spent time with him."

KJ scrunched up her face "I've been busy."

"Yea and I know that, but this is like his first time seeing you in three months and when last have you talked to him without him having to call you first? But you've been by Chris' house right?"

"I thought he was cool wit Chris."

"He is, but also look at how you treat him compared to Jaelen now." Ximora explained.

KJ sighed seeing her point "Sooo should I go talk to him?"

"I'd say on your way out you could, but for now give him a minute to cool down."

"Mmm.. so I met wit Jayani." KJ told her.

Ximora eyed her before she spoke "Mmkay and how did that go?"

"It was a little.. difficult at first, then we came to an understanding and yea."

"I'm so ready for you to have this babyyy, still kinda upset you not having a shower." Ximora smiled. "Can I rub?"

KJ nodded and allowed her sister to touch her stomach.

"I'm doing my pictures on Wednesday, you can do my hair?"

Ximora looked up and mugged her "Why you just telling me this?"

"Soooo can you? I just need a wash, retwist and them curls into a ponytail I had shown you" KJ said with a smile.

"I'll have to fit you in early that morning.. what looks you doing?"

KJ pulled out her phone and showed her all three looks she had prepared for her maternity shoot.

"Renzo doing them?"

KJ nodded "Yawpppp."

"My baby is having a babyyy oh my gosh." Ximora cheesed as she pulled at KJ's cheeks.

"I honestly don't really want it to call me mom or anything."

Ximora scrunched up her face "Sooo what are they, not 'it' supposed to call you?"

"Ion know, maybe just big dawg." KJ shrugged.

"Mmmm no ma'am."

"Ugh whatever, I need to go talk to your husband."

Ximora nodded as KJ walked out the kitchen to Jaelen's office.

"Heyyyy," she smiled, taking a seat in front of his desk.

He looked up from his computer then looked back down.

"Ugh so sassy."

"What you need?" He asked, typing something on his phone.

"Why you being like thisssss?"

"KJ gon man, I need to work." He said finally looking up.

KJ saw how genuinely hurt he looked in the face and instantly felt bad.

"I'm sorry, when I came in earlier I was just playing. But I'm also sorry for how I been treating you lately. I definitely could've spent more time with you or at least called. But-"

"It's cool KJ." He said dismissively.

She scrunched up her face "See you don't have to be rude. You doing all this for what? Do you realize that I lost the father of my kid last month? I understand why you're frustrated wimme but can I get some grace? I have a lot on my fuckin' plate."

Jaelen's face softened as KJ began to cry, she had held everything in really good until now.

"Whatever Jaelen." She said before storming out.

"Hey what-" Ximora started to say something as KJ rushed down the stairs to the front door.

"I'll see you later." KJ said before slamming the door closed behind her.

___________________

Once KJ made it out of their driveway, she decided some shopping  would make her feel better.

hey im going into Target, is there anything I can get for Mani?

Within seconds, Jayani had texted her back a small list of things for the baby. KJ liked the message then headed into the store.

"This girl stuff is so cuteeee" She smiled as she entered the baby section.

KJ picked up everything for Armani, then she decided to buy a bottle sterilizer.

Soon, she moved out of the baby section into the hygiene section.

* im not going through everything this girl bought bye.

____________________