14.

Amir & KJ

"Open that cell let that boy outta jaillll," KJ said as Amir opened her passenger door

"Thought yo ass wasn't gon bail me out like last time..." he joked.

KJ rolled her eyes as she watched him buckle in.

"Boy fuck you," she laughed.

"For real.. Thank you, Kamari." He said with a smile.

KJ nodded, "Of course."

"Wassup sonson!" Amir smiled as he looked back at Amyri.

Amir had only been in jail for 30 hours, but he truly missed his sons within that time.

"Sooo what happened? They said unpaid child support but when have you ever been put on child support?" KJ asked.

Amir shrugged, "That's what my lawyers working on right now. But we going to court for it tomorrow, then there's another date for the abuse charges."

KJ sighed as she watched his face fall, "I'm sorry, Amir."

"It's all good.. shit is what it is."

"Yea, but I know you're a good dad.. you wouldn't not take care of Armani or Amyri and you'd never hurt them either." 

He gave her a small smile, "Thank you, Mari."

"I love you." She told him.

"Yea?" He paused as his smile widened.

Kamari seldomly told him that since he'd been back.

"Mhm, now say it back the fuck.."

"I love you too, girl." He chuckled.

"You wanna come to my house, or I can take you home?" KJ asked as she put the car in drive.

"Can I come to yo house?"

"Shouldn't have even asked.." She mumbled before pulling out of her parking space.

_____________________

Soon after KJ arrived home with Amir, he firstly hopped in the shower. Now, he was sleeping in her bed, laying his head on her stomach. The two had been like that for about five hours.

KJ didn't mind since she knew Amir's body was probably tired.

She just decided to do some work and answer emails from her phone.

As she worked, Amyri's cries eventually sounded on the baby monitor. KJ knew he was probably getting hungry and needed a change.

"I got him," Amir yawned causing KJ to shake her head.

"It's okay, I got him." She said before gently moving Amir's head and unwrapping his arms.

"Nah, for real I wanna get him." Amir told her.