Ch 8: Scar

:)

Cub finds me before I find him.

The first few moments of me realising there's a Watcher at spawn are purely dealt with in panic and trying to remember what kind of magic they have... four categories, different levels of training... this one looks more important than most. So definitely more dangerous too.

Great. 

Not caring if he doubles my panic, and he does, Cub lands next to me. I jump, but recover.

'Grian's in danger.' He warns. 

'Yeah... where is he?'

'I don't know...' I notice the bow in Cub's hand. 

'You're not going to try anything stupid, are you?' 

'When do I act stupid?!' The mock-offence would, under any other circumstance, make me laugh.

But there's a Watcher at spawn. 

'We don't mean harm.' I hear Xisuma say, looking over to see him staring at the Watcher. A moment too late, I realise he's speaking galactic.

'Neither do we.' Is the hissed reply back. 'If you do what we say.'

'What do you want from us?'

'Xelqua.'

My heart sinks at the mention of Grian. Or... what the Watchers call him. 

'You're right.' Is all I can mutter to Cub. 'The Watcher wants Grian.'

'I'm not letting you take any of my friends. Please leave, or I'll have to ban you.' 

'You can't ban Watchers...' For a moment I think they've changed language when Cub replies. 

'You know galactic?' I have to ask.

'A bit. Not as much as you do.'

'Our power is stronger than yours. If you try to ban us, your... friends... will suffer even more.'

'Get out of Hermitcraft, or I make you go.'

'You'll bring death to your server, Evander Xisuma Void.'

'Please leave.' More than the Watcher's threats, Xisuma's failing confidence makes me panic. I step away, one hand reaching for a sword, or something to defend myself, the other itching to grab Cub's hand and protect him too. 

'Pathetic. You think you can do anything to stop us? Give us Xelqua, or we'll ask for more.'

'This server is protected.'

'By who? A scared admin and a group of rubbish fighters? Oh, add in a few freaks and runaways too. They all deserve to die.'

'What will it take for you to leave?' 

'Give us Xelqua and we'll leave you alone.'

'That's not an option. We have wealth, and power.'

'We want Xelqua. Give him to us. Or face death.'

'Leave. Please. I don't want to hurt you.'

Sudden silence. I glance at Cub. Psychic communication. So only Xisuma and the Watcher can hear each other. Somehow even that is worse than the death threats and fear. 

'When I say run, run.' Cub takes my hand and my uneasiness triples. I summon magic to my free hand, running through simple shields and defences I can make. 'We're not getting out of here without a fight.'

'You're not going to fight a Watcher, Cub.'

He doesn't reply. 

Xisuma steps away from the Watcher. His body language screams terror. I brace myself to run, and run as fast as I can.