Ch 30

Guys, I published this in the wrong book...

I scream.

I tear off the blindfold, letting out a howl of pain as I hug Scar's body. I killed him. I've just killed him. The bedrock wall must've disappeared because the next moment Cub's there, in tears, silent. I sob, unable to stop. Then Mumbo's at my side, telling me it's not my fault. Every time I try to calm down enough to tell him to go away, I start crying again, so he just sits there.

Another person steps over.

It's alright, Xelqua

'F*** OFF!' I scream, slashing as I spring up, turning to face them. A new sword glitches into my hand... purple, inscribed with runes. It's glowing, as though enchanted, make of what appears to be bedrock. The all-protecting watcher steps back, hurt.

Some silver substance drips from the break across the halos that serve as a mask. Their expression turns to one I've never seen them make before.

Fear.

Omnis Amantes... Is the only reply Xelqua, back down

'I have another deal for you.'

'Grian, don't...' Mumbo warns behind me. I don't let go of the magic sword as I step closer, threatening the Watcher that 'looked after' me for years.

Xelqua, I protected you...

'No you didn't.' My voice shakes as I speak. 'You've never been on my side. You've never protected me, or helped me, or been nice to me. YOU destroyed Evo. YOU destroyed Hermitcraft. YOU imprisoned me for YEARS, THREATENED MY FRIENDS, ENDED COUNTLESS INNOCENT LIVES, AND TORE MY WORLD APART SO MANY TIMES TO HURT ME FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN FOR YOUR OWN SICK ENTERTAINMENT!' My voice grows in pitch as much as it does volume, and I have to stop to calm down enough to continue audibly.

'So. Omnes Protogens, Watcher leader protector of no one, I challenge you to a fight to the death.'

'You think you can fight me?'

'Yes.'

'Then I'll kill you like I killed the little toy man.'

'Jimmy was a thousand times stronger than you'll ever be.' Scott yells back.

'Jimmy is dead.'

'And if you don't accept, we're all going to fight you.'

'You would risk more people's lives for your own selfish wishes?'

'Believe me, I've been waiting for him to ask.' Martyn is first to speak. 'I'm not letting Jimmy die without fighting back.'

'I have 50 full shulker boxes of exploding fireworks back in Season 9 to make Total Chaos. There's no way I'm not using them on you instead.' Cub adds, though his voice is dull with pain 'And a certain Hotguy needs avenging.'

'And a certain sheriff.' Adds Scott

'And Cleo.' Comes Joe's voice too

'You trapped me as much as you trapped Grian.' Pearl adds. 'And I'll fight as well as he does.'

'Whatever Grian does I'll be by his side.' Somehow Mumbo's loyalty is more poignant than everyone else's revenge. I narrow my eyes.

'Well?'

'We will fight alone.' Comes the hiss back in Galactic. 'But with any weapons we want. And you may say your goodbyes before we fight.'

I turn around to the friends around me. Mumbo walks over, and hugs me. I hug back.