Ch 10

Long chapter alert! 

:D

There's a moment between leaving one world and entering another when you're faced with a moment of darkness, a sensual depravation that leaves me unnerved at best and almost fainting at worst. 

This one sits mostly at the fainting end of the spectrum. 

My hands hit the ground a moment before my feet do, hard cold endstone beneath them. I squeeze my eyes shut, and when I open them, my vision is normal. Scar's hand appears near my face and I let him help me up, staring at the watcher fortress ahead of us.

It's the only sculpture in this entire world, but the size makes up for it, almost dwarfing that of the largest Hermitcraft mega bases. Purple, black and grey, arching stained glass windows and a glowing aura of magic surrounding it. Spires, huge towers, imposing columns. 

I thought I'd never be back. 

Welcome home, Xelqua.

First thing: basecamp. Cobble walls are quick and simple. It doesn't have to look good. Our three shulkers of supplies are placed down and Doc grabs the first stack of dispensers and some redstone. Me and Scar look across at each other, before gathering our own stuff... golden apples, regular food, armour, shields and weapons. Plus a few potions. 

'What's the plan again?' Scar asks. I run through it. Doc distracts, me and Scar enter and sneak over to their prison. If anyone attack us, I offer my life for Scar's. 

Our only advantage:

The Watchers would never let me die.

I reach the end as Doc finishes building the first TNT cannon. Just a simple thing...

He lets the first piece fly. 

'╎リ⍊╎ᓭ╎ʖ╎ꖎ╎ᔑ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ ᒷℸ ̣ ᓭᓵᔑ∷.' Scar mutters the spell, and we disappear. It works; as much as I know he's standing in front of me, I can't see more than what might be an outline. 

'Let's go.' 

Towards the doors, towards the point of no return. As normal, there are two Watchers on guard, just outside, wings blocking it and swords in hand. 

For the first time in my life, I can't feel it looking at me.

My breath quickens as I stand there. Scar doesn't know I've stopped. The plan only works if we know where each other are. 

I have to keep going. 

'↸𝙹∷ᒲ╎𝙹 ⎓𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ╎ᓭ.'

A flurry of action, but not fast enough. The watchers slump down, asleep. 

It's hard to fight the urge to slit their throats as we step inside. 

(400 words and they've just got inside. Oh no) 

The memories threaten to flood back as I stand there. The floor beneath us falls away into a void of purple and I skid to a stop. Scar bites back a yelp of terror somewhere next to me. 

Then I remember. 

It's been a long time since I've last been here. 

It's been even longer since I've fallen for the optical illusion. 

There's no one here to notice us that isn't sleeping, but I still don't talk, instead taking Scar's hand. He accepts, and I walk out onto the glass floor. The immediate resistance falls away to realisation as we run to the left, along the corridor, off to the side, past a small garden/courtyard and into the main building. From here my memory gets slightly fuzzy, but I know well enough which way to go, and soon me and Scar find ourselves standing by the sealed entrance to their prison. It's made of bedrock, as a lot of the castle is, with symbols either side.