Across The Bar pt.2

I start my job today and I'm running a little behind, but not late.
I throw on my black ripped jeans, a black tank top and a hoodie just in case. Grabbing my Nike's and heading into the kitchen. I put his number in my phone and grab a coffee to go.
Before I head out the door I shoot him a quick text.
||Good morning (: It's Mady.. from last night. Thanks for the coffee! Maybe we could grab lunch together or something this week?||

I grab my keys and jog to my car, flying out of my apartment complex. I drive about 30 minutes to work. I quick park and head to my boss.
"Hi! I'm Madeline" I say shaking her hand, "where would you like me today?" I ask
"Good Morning! So we're a little short staffed today, so I'm gonna need you in hair and makeup and to fill in as a production assistant as much as possible. You have experience in both areas correct?" She says
"Okay, yes! I have a couple years experience in both areas amongst other things as well." I say
"Ah perfect! So mainly those things, but float around and help where and when you can! The van is out front to take the crew to the set, so quick catch up with them and we will talk later to re-evaluate the day! It was nice meeting you!"
"Okay! You as well!" I say running off to find the van
We get to set and I go straight to the makeup trailer. I set up all of my equipment, not really knowing exactly what's going on. I know the looks they want, but I haven't met any of the cast yet.
The first one to come in was a young fella. He was veryy tall with black hair. I got him fitted with his wig, applying light makeup to make him look more like a high schooler. After him I had a few girls come in, they were very sweet, and talkative. I had fun doing they're hair and makeup. They seem like a lot of fun to work with.
I pulled out the another wig for the next guy, and his makeup set. I was still pulling stuff out of my bag when he came in and sat in the chair. I turn around and drop the brushes in my hand...
"Oh! Are you alright?" He asks helping me pick them up, he looks at me and freezes.
"Madeline?" He asks
"Heyy Joe.."
"What are you doing here?" He asks
"I could ask the same to you. I'm working here."
"I am working as well" he says laughing
"We should probably get started. I don't want this to be weird either." I say
He takes a seat so I can begin with his makeup.
"It's not weird. We're working together and also happen to be seeing each other.." he says
"Are we seeing each other?" I ask smiling
"I would like that, if you want that too."
"I would like that." I smile
I finish and add his wig on, just when I thought I couldn't be more attracted to this man, I am proven very wrong.
"Does everything feel and look alright to you?" I ask
"Very. Thank you! Are you staying or are you just on hair and makeup?" He asks
"I'll be around all day" I say
"Okay coool! I'll see you around then." he says walking towards the door.
He jogs back and plants a kiss on my lips before leaving.
I had one last guy come in, he was very sweet, with beautiful hair! He took a little longer, because he needed more detailed work, but I knocked it out pretty quick. Everyone was screen ready, when I realized Joe forgot his rings on the counter. I grab the rings, throwing them in my bag and heading towards the rest of the crew.

They had me running all over the place, setting the scene and helping with the extras. I saw Joe and quick went to give him his rings.
"Hey! Here you forgot these on the counter." I say handing him the rings.
"Oh, thanks!" He says quickly sliding the rings on his fingers.
"You look good!" I say
"You look good too!" He says winking at me
I feel my cheeks start to heat up so I just walk away.
After a lot of hard work doing a couple scenes over and over again because Gaten kept laughing, we were all finally cut for lunch. I escorted a couple of them to their trailers and headed to mine to quick eat.
I sit down when Joe walks through the door with food in his hand.
"What are you doing??" I ask
"Coming to eat with you.. obviously. It was your idea to get lunch together remember?" He says
"So is this a date then?" I ask
"Only if you want it to be." He says smiling
"Of course! Also... the American accent.. that's incredible. Does it feel weird when you're doing it?" I ask
"Thanks haha, it does feel a bit odd, but everyone says I sound like a normal American, it just feels so foreign and weird to me."

I nod listening to him talk. He goes on and on about how it is on set in between eating his lunch. I could listen to him talk all day.
"We've gotta head back." I say, finishing up my food.
He grabs my plate and throws away our trash. We split a stick of gum and head back to set with the others.
I was talking to the director and apparently this next scene is gonna be a really big one and they will need lots of help.
This scene is with Joe, Gaten, Jamie, and all the other main actors.
I help set up the blue screens and touch up everyone's makeup and make sure everyone's hair is good for this scene. Sadie was talking to me about this next scene and how it always made her cry just reading the script... great.
They begin shooting the scene and I was standing watching beside the director. Joe has this AWESOME guitar scene playing Puppet Master by Metallica, a classic!
They move some people around so now it was just Joe and Gaten, most of the other actors went back to their trailers, I had to stay on hand for Joe's makeup.
"Hi" he says smiling
"Hi Joe, how's it going?" I ask
"Pretty good, not for Eddie though haha."
I just shake my head, applying the fake blood to his face, neck and stomach.
I go back to the director as the scene starts.
"Background action! Action!"
"Eddie!!"
Tears start to form in my eyes
"I love you man."
"I love you too." Gaten says
At this point I'm ugly crying
"CUT! That's the one! That was perfect. Joe have Mady get the blood off you! You are wrapped for the day."
I don't know why I'm so upset, he's literally still alive.
He comes up to me and rubs my shoulder to get my attention.
"hey, are you alright?" He asks sadly
"Yeah! Sorry I don't know why I'm even crying." I say wiping away my tears
"You don't have to apologize, I completely understand, but hey look at me I'm alright, I'm here, I'm okay, and I need you." He says
I nod my head and we go back to his trailer.
He carefully removes his shirt to not mess up the wig, but to get the fake blood off him.
I see his bare chest and take a deep breath. "Alright, this is gonna be a bit cold." I say
He hissed a bit, as I begin rubbing the fake blood off his stomach. When I go to take it off his face, I can't help but notice he's just staring into my eyes.
"It's been fun working with you. You're very talented." I say complimenting him.
"Thank you, I enjoy you being here as well. Could I.. come over again tonight?" He asks
"Absolutely!" I say, excited he actually wants to possibly make things work.

A/N sorry, this was kinda long, or not long enough? Do you want something specific?