blowing off leaves

Moonbeam read the flyer that had been posted through the letter box.

It said that the annual running of the leaves was in 2 days and ponyvile wanted runner and volunteers to help after the race and before it.

Moonbeams eyes lit up.

Moonbeam used to do a few drills and morning exercises with shinny back in cantorlot and she missed the exercise so this would be perfect.

"Hey what you got there?" Twilight asked looking over her shoulder.

"The annual running of the leaves" Moonbeam replied passing over the flyer and turning to look at twilight and spike.

"Where are you two going?"

"Apple achers, applejack asked me to come down"

"Oh!" Moonbeam bit her lip wondering if she was allowed to go

Twilight saw the nervous tick her sister always tried to hide when she felt insecure or unsure and smiled "do you wanna come along?" She asked pretending she didn't notice her sisters uneasiness.

"Are you sure? Applejack did ask for you specifically..."

"Moonbeam, applejack is your friend, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you came with me" Twilight reassured.

That seemed to perk Moonbeam up and Twilight hugged her sister before flicking her tail in the fillies face laughing.

Twilight knew she wasn't always the best sister to Moonbeam but somehow she could always sense when Moonbeam was feeling unsure even when she didn't know why.

The two walked towards apple achers making jokes and shoving each other.

When they got to apple achers they found rainbow doing stretches and warm up exercises which was weird whilst aj glared at the blue pony unimpressed

"Hey girls.... whats going on?" Twilight asked awkwardly.

"We're having an iron pony contest"

"A what now?" Twilight asked confused before looking to moonbeam who looked just as confused and shrugged.

"See, we've set up a bunch of
events t'see which one of us is- " applejack started to explain but was interupted by rainbow who was doing some crunches "The most athletic pony ever! "

"...And I'm here to...?" Twilight asked wondering what she was being dragged into.

Rainbow paused her stretches for a second and turned to applejack "I dunno!? Why is she here?"

"To be our judge and keep score" applejack deadpanned the cyan pony who smiled.

"Right. SOMEPONY'S gotta record my awesomeness for the history books!" Rainbow cheered before stretching again and applejack sighed.

Moonbeam watched interestedly and wondered if their should be rules in place to make it fair but both ponies had already started walking towards the first task.

So moonbeam followed Twilight and spike out of the way.

:Hello, everypony, and welcome to the First Annual Iron Pony Competition!" Spike spoke into his claws as if he was holding a microphone and both moony and Twilight gave him a funny look.

"Who are you talking to?" The girls asked at the same time.

Spikes cheeks turned red as he looked around and saw a few ponies wiggling on a few benches a few feet away looking at the challenges in anticipation.

"Them!" Spike replied happily.

The unicorns gasped at seeing the crowed and moonbeam frowned as she wondered how big the fall out would be with who ever lost.