flowers with a sense of humor

Moonbeam yawned, she had slept in this morning and twilight had taken spike out so moonbeam could get some rest.

It seemed a bit of extra sleep was just what she needed.

Getting a quick breakfast, and brushing her teeth and mane, she left the library in hopes to maybe catch up with twilight and spike.

Taking a leisurely stroll through town and taking in the lovely weather, moonbeam noticed the place seemed pretty empty.

Wondering what was going on and where everyone was, she headed to sugar cube corner.

She was about there when she saw a small pony with a big pink bow in her mane tip toe out of the store.

Moonbeam tilted her head as the little pony she recognised as applejacks little sister looked back before darting off towards the everfree forest.

Moonbeam gasped, deciding to go after her, knowing full well the little filly wasn't allowed in there.

"Hey!" She called before galloping after the filly "apple bloom right?"

The filly jumped and flinched. She turned to see twilights sister. "Oh hi moonbeam," she said nervously.

"What are you doing?" Mooney asked suspiciously

"Oh I'm just going to visit my friend zecora!" Applebloom replied giving mooney the puppy dog eyes with folded ears and innocent smile.

"Who's zecora and does applejack normally let you wander into the everfree forest alone?"

"Errr, " suddenly an idea formed in appleblooms head and her ears came forward "if you come with, then I won't be alone!"

Moonbeam frowned thinking about that suspicious reply. Before deciding what ever mischief this filly was upto she was gonna do it with or without supervision and it may turn out better if she went with her.

"Okay" and the two set off towards the forest.

The two walked along in quiet. Applebloom taking time to look around nervously.

Suddenly they heard thundering hoves behind them and applejacks voice calling for applebloom.

Moonbeam paused as the gang charged through some pretty blue flowers, she was pretty sure those flowers did something but for the life of her she couldn't remember, even as the strange zebra she and applebloom had been following turned and said "Beware! Beware, you pony folk! Those leaves of blue are not a joke!"

Applejack pushed her way to apple bloom pointing a shaking hoof at the zebra" Y-you keep your creepy mumbo-jumbo to yourself, ya hear?"

"Have I missed something?" Moonbeam asked as the rest of the girls uttered their own warnings to the zebra and twilight just shook her head and muttered "Oh brother"

The gang turned back towards pony vill and zecora disappeared deeper into the forest. Moonbeam sighed, maybe she should have stayed in bed today.

"Who knows what kind of nasty curse Zecora could have just put on you?" Applejack was saying to applebloom, moonbeam shook her head "I was fine! Moonbeam was with me!" Applebloom cried

"And you!" Applejack turned to moonbeam who was just confused at this point "why didn't ya come get me! You both could av been hurt! What with ya magic off limits you couldn't have protected my little sister!"

"Ok 1, there's no such thing as curses, 2, I've seen applebloom on her own multiple times, causing mischief and you've never bothered about it before, 3 why would her friend wanna hurt her? Nothing today makes sense!" Moonbeam ranted not drawing breath and getting her mane all frazzled. "I'm going back to bed!" She snapped before galloping off.