ticket disaster

Moonbeam was working with fluttershy that day, helping her with snakes, since snakes are left on their own since the moment they hatch fluttershy wanted to make sure they had someone to help look after them make sure they got the best start.

Moony knew twilight was helping applejack at the farm today and she had already handed her essay on how the formation of the stars effects weather patterns and magical potential into princess luna who had taken over the class.

She yawned, admittedly it was late when she handed it in, and living with twilight might be causing her problems.

Her back was also aching, which might have had something to do with helping rainbow dash yesterday setting up obsticals for her.

Twilight had talked to her about spreading herself too thin.

Spending all night helping twilight with research and finishing essays and then spending all day helping ponies with problems they had was clearly taking a toll.

But sleep for moonbeam had become impossible. She had been having nightmares and she couldn't interpret them.

Sometimes there was fire, sometimes it was just darkness closing in, suffocating her.

"Are you OK?" Fluttershy asked quietly

Moon smiled and nodded, yawning as she said "yeah, just a er late night"

" another late essay?"

Moon smiled sheepishly and nodded and fluttershy smiled sympatheticly

Moonys stomach rumbled, she blushed and her ears folded. Fluttershy giggled "oh my,"

"I skipped breakfast?"

Fluttershy gave a slight disapproving look before looking at the clock tower, her wings raised in alarm "i didn't realise how late it was, I've got to get angel his lunch"

Moony also looked "oh crud!" She grabbed her belongings and started galloping away "sorry fluttershy, I promised twilight I'd meet for lunch" she yelled over her shoulder.

"Oh ok I'll see you later"

When moon got to the cafe was to the strangest sight, pinky was dancing and twilight looked uncomfortable. She was still aways from them and was kind of out of breath from galloping all the way from fluttershys cottage.

She strained her ears to hear "Oh thank you, Twilight, it's the most wonderful-est gift ever." Pinky said excitedly.

For a minute moony was intreaged, wondering what pinky was going on about. She got closer and caught a glimps of a pair of gold tickets.

She saw twilights ears fold and her raise a hoof as of to take the tickets out of pinkies hooves "Um, actually-"

"Are these what I think they are?" She heard rarity ask

"Uh-"

"Yes, yes, yes! Twilight's taking me to the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot."

And moony instantly went to turn around only twilight must have spotted her because a pink magic bubble picked her up (upside down she might add) and put her down at the table next to spike, who watched in Amusement.

"Urgh! Do I have to listen to you guys obsessing about that stupid ball?" She hissed into twilights ear "yes! Help me!"

"The gala? I design ensembles for the gala every year, but I've never had the opportunity to attend. Oh, the society, the culture, the glamour! It's where I truly belong, and where I'm destined to meet him." Rarity gushed whilst moony sulked, ears back and head on the table.