chose your friends

5 years later and moonbeam was happily talking with a friends from the gifted unicorn school. She was smart and her magic was strong but unlike her sister twilight she knew how import pony interaction was.

Moonbeam and twilight had trouble seeing eye to eye, their were constant arguments and tantrums. Shinning helped the girls get along as well as he could when he wasn't working. The girls grades were high and the magic strong but celestia worried about the disagreements. She didn't want what happened to her and her sister to happen to these girls.

She sighed as she looked at the glass window that had her and her sister, she had just received a letter from her student Twilight about night mare moons return and asking her to do something.

She was just about to reply when a freak thunder storm appeard out of nowhere.

Thunder struck,lightning strikes and rain fell heavily for all of 30 seconds. Celestia knew what or who caused the storm and went to investigate.

Twenty minuets before in the west Court yard.

"hey, moonbeam, have you seen twilight" moon dancer asked

"Im sorry, i haven't seen her all" moonbeam answered

Moon dancer was upset and moonbeam could tell. "oh ok" she turned away

"But I bet I could find her, maybe i could drag her away from her studies for you"

Moon dancer, lyra and minuet looked hopeful. So moonbeam galloped away.

She reached the library where her sister was staying

"TWILIGHT!" she shouted, spying the baby dragon her twin was looking after picking himself up from the floor asumedly after twilight had made him carry more than he could or knocked him flying in her pursuit of books. She knew from experience that twilight wasn't aware of the power a door to the face has.

Moonbeam frowned "is that for moon dancer?" she pointed at the flattened parcel in spikes claws. "yeah"

She smiled a little. Then twilight appeared and moonbeams anger flared "hey twilight, did you forget" she asked snidily

"moonbeam? Forget what?" she looked at spike and saw the battered box "whats that for?"

"HELLO! MOON DANCERS PARTY, THE ONE YOU WERE MEANT TO GO TO!"

Twilight flinched, before looking sheepish "right, I'm sure its no big deal and this is much more important"

"yeah thats right your study is sooo much more important than someone's feelings" moonbeam snapped and twilight glared "actually it is now if you dont mind I have import stuff to do"

Moonbeam narrowed her eyes in anger she glanced at the baby dragon who shrugged and looked back at twilight who had gone back to flinging books around. She snarled and stormed away. The sky growing dark with her mood.

Twilights ears folded back as the doors closed and the storm outside started.

This was Important, she knew it was and that was why she pened a letter to the princess. It was of up most importance.

So when the princesses replied brushing off her concern and told her she needed to head to ponyvile to check on the preparations for the summer sun celebration with her sister she was anything but happy.

Before replying to twilights letter, celestia had gone to find the younger twin moonbeams special talent involved changing the weather dispite being unicorn, not pegasus, it showed great power.