meet your match

Twilight was practising magic in the library whilst moonbeam was reading.

"Ha ha! Ya did it! Growing magic, that's number twenty-five. Twenty-five different types of tricks and counting. And I think this is the best trick so far. Hello, Rarity. What's that? Aw, it's nothin', just my awesome mustache." Spike cheered loudly

Twilight laughed "sorry, Romeo. As attractive and enticing as you look, it's just for practice, and it's gotta go." She explained and spike groaned.

"Argh! Will you guys keep it down!" Moony snapped "I'm trying to read"

Twlight smiled sheepishly but spike frowned "jeez moonbeam, you sound as bad as twilight "

"Gah! Ergh I'm gonna-"

"Easy moony, remeber what the princess told you"

"Is it really true, your not allowed to do magic?"

"I'm allowed to do magic spike, im just not allowed to do the big stuff"

"If this development happens too early, you could really do some damage to your self"

"I know twilight, its just, they said your supposed to go through it too but why am I showing signs and your not?"

"Maybe it has something to do with," twilight bit her lip, glancing at spike who was only just hatched when moonbeam came home "your past?"

"Its ok twilight I'm over my past, but you might be right, Im just going to try and keep my cool"

"Well you better, if its forced, it hurts alot and I know you have a high pain tolerance but..."

"It will be okay, twilight!" Moonbeam started pushing spike and twilight towards the door "now can i please, please, please finish my book in peace"

Before the two could answer she shut the door in their faces.  Moonbeam sighed.

She had just settled down with her book when there was a knocking at the door. "Grrr what does it take to get a littke peace around here"

She opened the door and growled "What!"

There in front of her was the young foals snips and snails. They looked horrified and moonbeam blushed.

"Sorry boys, what's the problem?"

"Twilight sent us to get from the townhall, you have to come meet the great and powerful trixie"

"Err who?" Moonbeam asked unimpressed. 

"Just come on!" Snips said running off with snails following.

Rolling her eyes moonbeam followed the and rolled her eyes as she went.

It wasn't long before moonbeam reached a crowd of ponies stood around the stage.

She found twilight and her friends and listened to the blue pony on stage challenging them.

"Watch in awe as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular feats of magic ever witnessed by pony eyes!"

Moonbeam head her friends scoff.

"My, my, my! What boasting" Rarity complained.

"There's nothing wrong with being talented, is there?" Twilight asked

"No  but that isn't a talented pony, she's  a boast but look at that magic, I'm betting even sweetie Bell could proform it. Its just show magic" moonbeam tried but she twilight still looked worried

"Nothin' at all, 'cep'n when someone goes around showin' it off like a school filly with fancy new ribbons." Applejack tried

"Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us."