sleep over shenanigans

Moonbeam was excited.

Today she was helping organise (i know thats twilghts thing) a down pour, her first storm naturally made in ponyville.

The mayor had asked her to help the pegasi out since the reason they had missed a couple showers was due to one pegasus had a broken wing, one had just gone on maternity leave and another was visiting family in clouds-dale. The weather team were down a few important members.

So they asked the mayor if they could schedule a rain storm and she agreed.

Thats why everyone was out helping.

There were ponies who were hammering things into the ground or putting sand bags around so places didn't flood.

There was a group helping fluttershy prepare the animals and a group pruning the trees for loose branches.

Most of the pegasi were shifting clouds and creating wind.

There was 6 winged ponies out of the 14 weather crew creating wind, but moonbeam was helping place clouds and controlling the lightening and thunder clouds as she seemed to be better at it than some of the pegasi.

On the ground near where moonbeam was trying to work, Rarity was meant to be trimming branches with applejack.

For some reason they had stopped to argue and she was just about to give the signal to rainbow dash to get it started.

Moonbeam groaned in frustration and walked over to them.

"I simply cannot imagine why the Pegasus ponies would schedule a dreadful downpour this evening and ruin what could have been a glorious sunny day." She heard rarity whine

And she rolled her eye, applejack had the same idea as the farm pony sighed

"Think more practical-like, will ya? They accidentally skipped a scheduled sprinkle last week, so we need a doozy of a downpour to make up for it, is all." Applejack explained

"Exactly now you have exactly 20 seconds to finish the job and find shelter because I'm giving the signal"

"Oh but my mane!" "20, 19, 18, 17,..."

"You should have already finished the job already" applejack snapped, using her lasso to pull a few more branches.

"10, 9, 8 , 7, 6,"

"Ohh I'm not going to make it in time,
My wonderfully styled mane shall be ruined!" The fashion pony began to fuss with her hair as applejack began to look for shelter.

"Alright sorry girls but enjoy the rain" she made the nearest lightning cloud light up amd it began to rain.

Moonbeam walked home, just enjoying it.

Behind her she heard the girls begin to argue again "Oh! Ah! Oh! Ph! It's coming down too fast! Ah! Oh! Oh! Ah! Help me!"

She arrived at the library complet soaked and feeling better for it.

Twilight took one look at her and frowned. "Your soaking" she said simply. And moonbeam smiled cheekily.

She shook off making her sister move away. "Must you?" Growled using magic to protect her books

"Of course, you know applejack and rarity are probably still out there"

"Oh no, I better make sure their okay!"

The book worm ran tonthe door and opened it, sticking her head out she spotted the two near a bench amd frowned as thunder clapped and the two jumped.