the beginning

OK originally this was gonna be a crossover story with Harry Potter, the missing twin being the twin but my mind was changed at last min)

It was late and twilight velvet was putting her baby daughters, yes daughters for twilight sparkle had a twin. The two fillys didn't look identical for twilight sparkle had a purple coat with darker purple hair with lighter stripes. They were both unicorns but the smaller filly had a white coat with dark blue hair with lighter blue stripes and green eyes. She was called moonbeam sparkle
Twilight velvet was just closing the door behind her when a orange light appeard behind the door, the foals began to cry and velvet slammed open the door and started putting out flames , making her way over to the crib. A foal was missing . Moonbeam was gone and the window was open. She ran in tears, screaming for help. A flaming bird flew away with a crying baby in its clutches .

Through a portal the phoenix flew and dropping the transformed foal into the arms of an old manipulative man. The foal now had long fleshy arms with hands and fingers in stead of hooves and a small button nose instead of a muzzle but her eyes and hair stayed the same.

The old man smiled, he could feel the power radiating off her. Once she was old enough and her magic matured, he would take the magic for his own but for now he would hand the child over to be raised by a young couple who couldn't have a child. They trusted him completely and never knew of his ulterior motive

However that plan fell through when he went to drop the little creature off. The cottage was ransacked and the couple dead on the floor. He huffed in annoyance and went to the last people he should leave an infant with but to be honest, as long as her magic matured, he didn't care how or who raised her.

ten years later found a little girl badly beaten, starved and depressed hidden away in a locked cupboard under the stairs in her guardians. She was crying quietly, wishing she could just disappear.

She whispered "i wish i could be somewhere else" a tear slides down her face when a rainbow of lights went around her green eyes and in the tear.
And then her eyes turned into car headlights and she felt like she was being squeezed through a tube. The motions were to much and the little girl passed out.

In equestria two proud parents were having dinner with the princess of the sun. Their daughter had gotten her cutie mark that day, had gotten into celestia's school for gifted unicorns and had become celestias special student. There was an underlieing sadness. Twilight knew about her missing twin and knew why her parents were so over protective and why shinning was so determined to make the Royal guard. He had achieved his dream which was why he wasn't having dinner with his parents and his lsbff.
Instead he was in a hallway somewhere near the archives doing his rounds, when he heard a bang and saw a flash of light, like a good guard he ran towards the disturbance and to his shock found a familiar looking filly but in all the wrong colours passed out on the floor.

First he checked for a pulse. This child's white coat was covered in buises of different colours suggesting continuous abuse, it was obvious her front left leg was broken. Shinning sighed in relief when he felt a pulse and saw her breathing.
His lifted her with magic and carried her to the infirmary, letting another guard know he had to leave his post and to send someone for the princess.
Of course shinning had an idea of who this beaten filly was and he was horrified and hopeful at the same time.
Shinning stayed with her, watched as the doctors fixed her up apparently the damage wasn't just on the outside. There were broken ribs and punctured lung and drained magic.

She would recover but it would take time.
A blood test was done and it was confirmed that she was twilights missing twin. The family was called and once she was healed moonbeam went home with them.

It took time, moonbeam wasn't OK, she had been abused for almost 10 years and that left its mark even after all the physical signs left the mental scars remained