Chapter Fourteen.

"William!"

William jolts in his chair and quickly looks up at Henry.

"Oh..Hey Hen, do you need something?"

Henry gives him a worried expression.

"Yeah, I was going to tell you that another person wants to join the team."

Henry looks to William's family portrait.

So that's what he was sulking about. Henry thinks.

"Oh that's great."

Henry looks back at William.

"Yeah it is! He was wondering if he could be interviewed now."

"That's okay, send him in." William lightly pushes the frame back to the corner of the desk and puts back the sticky note on Clara's face.

"Alright, I'll tell him you're ready for him. But please keep in mind, he follows the trends."

What's that supposed to mean?

Henry makes his way to the office door and leaves. A couple of seconds go by and a knock comes from the other side.

"Come in!" William straightens his back and puts on a welcoming but fake smile.

The door opens.

A rather tall, almost lanky man enters the office.

So this is what he meant.

William quickly scans him from top to bottom.

He has a mullet, the length is to his shoulders. The color is electric blue. He has an eyebrow peircing and three peircings on each ear.

He isn't wearing any other jewelry, he's also wearing a white dress shirt with black slacks with suspenders and fancy black shoes.

"Hello sir." He says, sitting down in the empty seat in front of William's desk. He slides the application to him. William takes it and quickly scans it. It seems that everything is in order.

"Before we get started, I'll need your full name and date of birth."

William rummages through his desk compartment and takes out a sticky note and pen.

"My name is Lincoln Beck Huxley. My date of birth is 08/04/1963." He clearly states, William writes it all down.

"How is Huxley spelt?"

"H-u-x-l-e-y."

William writes it down.

"What's your experience with children?"

"I watch my cousin when my uncle needs me."

"And how old is your cousin?"

"Seven."

"How often do you watch him?"

"Four times a week at most, my uncle is single and doesn't have enough money for a babysitter."

"I see, what experience do you have in the kitchen?"

"I used to work at my dad's restaurant before he passed."

"Who was your father?"

"Liam Huxley."

Liam Huxley. The name rings a problematic bell in William's head.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.

"I'm sorry for your loss." William keeps his composure.