Chapter Seventeen.

You turn around to see Elizabeth, with her big smile. She runs down the porch stairs and gives you a tight hug. You hug her back with a little smile on your face.

She looks up at you.

"Are you here for another tea party?" She asks.

"I sure am!" You say, you look up at the front door to see William leaning on the door frame, with his dumb smile. He crosses his arms as you give him a look.

Elizabeth walks back up the stairs and hugs her dad, he kneels down and hugs her back.

"Daddy! We gotta get you dressed up!" William stops smiling and leans back.

"Sorry Elizabeth, but I'm afraid this isn't a tea party."

"It isn't?"

"Nope, it's a.. um .. a formal event."

"Oohh, I like those too!" William stands up. Elizabeth takes his hand. "You still need to get dressed up!"

She pulls him into the house. He grips the door frame and looks at you while you make your way up the porch stairs.

Help me He mouths.

You shake your head and smile.

Have fun. You also mouth. You unhinge his fingers from the doorframe. Elizabeth then runs with him up the stairs. You giggle to yourself.

You close the door behind you, then sit down on the couch.

"Mikey, Ev!" Elizabeth shouts from upstairs.

You turn to the stairs to see Evan and Michael sulking and walking upstairs.

A couple minutes pass and you hear them scream. Then a door closing. Elizabeth walks downstairs.

"It's your turn Ms. Y/n." She tugs on your hand.

"B-but I'm already dressed up."

"Yeah, but I'll make you prettier!"

"Alright then." You both walk upstairs.

"Where's the boys?" You ask.

"They're staying in my room for now, we'll go in daddy's room."

She opens the bedroom door.

"Please sit down."

You sit down on the bed.

You watch as she rummages through the boxes, they look like they've been there for years. Is that mold?

"Here you go! Wear this!" She gets out the closet and hands the black dress to you. At least the dress looks fine.

"Oh Elizabeth.. I can't wear this."

"Sure you can! You'll look wonderful."

You give her a little smile.

Tiny time skip

You walk out of the bathroom, Elizabeth has sparkles in her eyes as she sees you walk out.

"You look so beautiful!"

You giggle.

"Thank you."

She runs past you and into the bathroom. She rummages through the small compartment. She pulls out a beautiful broach.

"Let's put your hair up!"

"Alright.." You're a little skeptical, but you let her.

You sit down on the bed and she stands up behind you. She tugs on your hair, pulling it left to right. It feels like she's trying to rip your hair out.