Chapter Fifiteen.

You finish getting ready, you make your way downstairs when you hear footsteps behind you. You turn around to see Scarlett.

"Hey, you all set?"

"Yeah! Let's go."

You both get to the front door, Scarlett quickly walks in front of you and opens the door for you.

"Ladies first."

Your face turns a little pink, you quickly walk outside.

"Hey neighbor!" You quickly look to your left.

"Oh hey Linc! A wonderful morning isn't it?"

You lean on Scarlett's car.

"You don't need to be so formal with me, you know what? Why don't I give you a lift to work?"

You give him a little smile, just when you were going to respond Scarlett walks up behind you.

"I'm already giving her a ride, so."

You hit her shoulder with the back of your hand.

"Don't be so rude! It'll only be one time. Or do you want me all to yourself that badly?"

Scarlett looks down at you, you give her a snarky grin.

"Alright, just this once."

You make your way to Lincoln's car, opening the passenger door. He gets in through the driver door. You close the door and put on your seatbelt. He starts the car and pulls out of the driveway. The drive was silent, but a few moments later he pulls into the parking lot. William looks out the newly cleaned window.

His blood starts to boil as soon as he sees Lincoln running to the other side of the car and opening the door for you.

As you both walk in the Diner, William puts the sponge in the bucket of water and darts off into the hallway.

As you watch him walk off Lincoln whispers.

"What's his issue?"

"I'm not sure, I'll go check on him." As you start to walk Lincoln gently places his hand on your shoulder.

"Wait, uh, we should get prepping first. I'll check on him later."

"Okay." You both head to the kitchen.

William walks to the men's bathroom and turns on the sink. He splashes some water on his face.

"It's not a big deal." He takes a deep breath. Then exhales. "It's not a big deal." He repeats.

He tries to calm himself down, counting backwards from ten, counting to ten. Nothing works.

Knock knock.

You open the bathroom door.

"Hey Mr. Afton." You walk inside and close the door behind you.

"You can't be in here Ms. L/n." William stands up straight and reaches for the paper towels.

"And yet you can go into the women's bathroom?" You stand next to him.

"I had an important reason."

He taps the paper towels on his face.

"And so do I."

"And what's that?"

"Checking in on you."

"You don't need to, I'm fine."

"Hey, be greatful, Lincoln said he would check on you. Imagine that conversation."

"It wouldn't be a pleasant one."

You both laugh.

"But I know something is wrong."

"How can you tell?" He slightly turns and looks down at you. You look up at him.

"You have veins popping out of your forehead." You reach your hand to his forehead and lightly touch the veins.

He's so handsome, his face chisled and almost glistening from the bathroom light. He lightly grabs your wrist and leads your hand to his cheek.

He rests his cheek in your hand.

"Mr. Afton, why are you upset? Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened, I just hate- neither mind."

William looks to the side.

"You can tell me." You say, rubbing your thumb on his cheek.

"I'm just stressed about my son's birthday." He lies, he can't show his jealousy to you.

"Lincoln and I can plan his party if you want."

"You would really do that for me?" He asks.

He looks into your eyes, you look into his. You missed his icy cold gaze.

"Yeah, I mean, it's a birthday party and that's kind of what we do here."

You both laugh.

"Thank you, darling. It's very much appreciated." He puts his hand on top of yours and moves his face slighlty to kiss the palm of your hand.

Your face heats up, his soft lips wonders on your palm as he looks back to you.

You quickly move your hand away and bringing it to your chest.

"Uh- I need to- finish prepping. I'll see you later, Mr. Afton." You quickly walk out of the bathroom and close the door behind you.

William looks at himself in the mirror, blushing and smiling to himself.

"She's my next delicate flower."

----------------
Sorry for the super short chapter guys. I've been running out of ideas, but dw I'll always find a way to post sum for ya'll ♥️