Chapter Twenty-Two.

You wake up the next morning, you get ready for work.
As you make your way downstairs you could smell something good from the kitchen.

Scarlett was making some pancakes.

You creep downstairs, as soon as she heard you she immediately looks at you.

"Goodmorning y/n.. how'd you sleep?"

"Eh, not well."

You walk behind her and look over her shoulder. "Those look good though."

The smell of her fills your nose, it was a sweet scent it almost made you feel dizzy.

"Yeah, I was hoping we could have breakfast before you go to work."

You smile a little to yourself.

"I guess I have an hour to spare."

"Great." She says with a smile, she then puts the plate of pancakes down at the table. She also sets down the syrup and butter.

You both sit at each ends of the table. You grab the syrup and poor it over the pancakes.

You cut a slice of the pancakes with a butter knife and stuff it in your mouth.

These were the bestpancakes you've ever tasted! As you take more bites you could feel the air getting thicker.

The room goes dark.

"Scarlett?" You call out, she didn't answer.

A sudden spotlight was put on her seat.

It was Evan.

His frontal lobe was exposed, and the blood wouldn't stop dripping down his forehead.

And he wouldn't blink.

His eyes were the same color as his father's, but you recalled his eyes being brown, not silver.

"Evan?" You whisper, feeling the tears well up in your eyes.

He keeps staring at you with his lifeless eyes, pupils dilated.

You couldn't move, no matter how much you wanted to get up and hug him you couldn't.

Tears start running down your face.

"Evan.."

"Watch him." He says.

"What?"

"Watch. Him." He angrily repeats himself.

"Watch who?"

"My father, he is planning something." He pauses. "And it's not a birthday party."

His own tears start to well up, he gets up from his seat and walks around the table then to you.

"I miss you." He says.

"I miss you too."

He hugs you around your waist, you can finally move. You wrap your arms around him. "I miss you so much."

You could feel his weight getting lighter. You look down at him, he's fading away.

Just like how he did in your arms when he lived his final moments.

"M-mom-mommy." His cries echo in your head.

"Y/n!"

Your whole body jumps. Scarlett was right beside you at the table.

"Yes?" You could still feel the tears rolling down your cheeks.

She wipes them off with her thumb.

"You were out of it." She blandly says.

"Oh I'm sorry." You could see someone at the window in the corner of your eye. It was Evan.

You jump once more but once you did he disappeared.

Scarlett looks behind her and to the window. She looks back at you with a concerned face.

"I don't think you should go to work today."

You quickly look back at her.

"What why?"

"You're really on edge, please just call out sick."

"I can't do that." You say, getting up from your seat and walking towards the front door. You place your hand on the doorknob. But Scarlett gets up and rests her hand on your shoulder.

"Y/n please-"

"I'm going to fucking work." You look at her dead in the eyes when you said that.

Her face showed surprise, then disappointment.

"Alright. I'll drive."

"No, I'd rather ride by myself." You put your hand up.

"She sighs then puts her car keys in your hand. You clench them then walk out the door.

You open the car door then get in.

You start the car then pull out of the driveway.

You could see Evan once more in the corner of your eye, sitting in the passenger seat.

"Remember what I told you." He says, slowly turning his head to you.

"I'll watch him." You tiredly say.

And just as fast as he appeared, he disappeared. You take a deep breath then wipe the tears from your face.

A few moments later you walk in through the frontal fdoors of the Diner.

The first person you see is William.

He looks a lot better then when you last saw him.

A part of you wanted to leap on him and give him a big hug. But another part of you wants you to walk the other way and get into the car.

But you couldn't do either of those options.

"William." You kindly say, walking towards him.

He turns around and smiles as he realizes it's you.

"Y/n." He says,hugging you.

You wanted to keep your distance. So you lighlty get out of his embrace.

"Is there any parties planned today?" You ask.

"Believe it or not yes, I already ordered the cake and set up the decorations."

"Great, when is the family coming?"

"Around 5 minutes, but there's going to be more than a family here, a lot of friends of the birthday girl are coming too."

"Okay, I'll change into my uniform and I'll be right back."

"Alright, I'll suit up."

You both walk your separate ways.

But there was something off with him. He's a lot happier than usual.

Tiny time skip

The family and extras are settled in, most kids are playing and the parents are talking.

You lean on the wall in the back of the room, watching everyone, making sure everything is going smoothly.

The room goes dark, then the stage light come on.

The bear suit makes it's way up the stage and grabs the microphone.

"Heya kids!" Henry says cheerfully. "Springbonnie is having a little nap right now so this bear is going to be running the show!"

He takes his top hat off then flips it back onto his head.

An hour pasts and everyone is having a great time, Henry is doing a fantastic job.

But something seemed wrong. Was it just you or was there more kids around?

The room definitely got quieter.

The room felt emptier.

It was emptier.
-----------------------------
Idgaf if ya'll don't like pancakes ur getting pancakes.