Chapter Sixteen.

You put on your apron and gloves.

"How was it?" Lincoln asks, he takes out the flour from the cupboard.

"How was what?"

"The check in."

"Oh, it was alright, he was just stressed about his son's birthday."

"He has a kid now?" Lincoln whispers.

"What?"

"Nothing, maybe we should plan the party, let him take his mind off of things."

He sprinkles some flour on the clean counter.

"That's what I suggested, so what are we thinking? Decoration wise?" You ask.

"Blue or purple, most kids like those colors."

"I'll ask Evan tonight."

"You know his kid?" Lincoln asks.

"Oh yeah, all three of em'." You hold up three fingers. "Michael, Elizabeth, and Evan."

"I see." He takes out the pre made dough and kneed it in with the flour.

You look over, he's kneeding it too harshly. It won't rise properly if he does it like that. It'll look all wonky. You walk over to his side of the kitchen.

"Linc, you're doing it too rough."

You slide your hand over his, and guide him to softly kneed the dough.

You both were in sync, but you felt as if there was someone else in the kitchen. You look around but no one was here.

You look to the kitchen door to see it slowly close by itself.

You turn back to linc's hands.

Fuck.. She definitely saw me. William quickly slides by the doorway and leans on the wall.

The same rage he had with Clara fills his head.

It's not her fault, she was just helping a co worker out. He thinks. I'll have to have a talk with..Lincoln.

"Will?" He turns his head.

"Ssshh!" William puts a finger up to his lips.

Henry whispers. "William what's wrong? Why are you sneaking around?" He asks.

William lightly pushes Henry to the dining area so they would be out of your hearing range.

"I was just checking in on them." He calmly says.

"Checking in on them my ass, if you wanted to check in on them just talk to them! Don't be all creepy like this."

"Maybe you're right Hen, but I didn't want to disturb them."

Henry gives him a look.

"Sure, here we'll check in on them together."

"Wait-"

Henry grabs William's hand and bring him back to the kitchen. Henry opens the kitchen door. You and Lincoln were still prepping for the day.

"Hey guys!" Henry says cheerfully.

"Hi Henry!" You say, taking off your gloves.

"William and I were just wondering how you guys were doing!"

Henry pats Williams back harshly.

"Urk-"

"Everything is going great, we're almost done with the pizza dough." Linc wraps one arm around you. "We'll be done in a jiff won't we, y/n?"