Chapter Twenty-One.

It's been a few weeks since Evan's accident. You haven't gone to work for a while, you wouldn't be surprised if Henry or William were to fire you.

You sit up in your bed, you hear a knock on your door.

The door slowly opens, Scarlett peeks her head in.

"Hey.." She walks in with a bowl in her hands.

She sets it on your dresser.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, sitting at the end of your bed.

"A little better, I think I'll come into work today." You smile a little.

"That's good to hear, I'll drive you once you're ready."

Time skip.

You stand in front of the Diner doors, a little scared to go inside.

You open the doors and make your way inside. You could hear footsteps in the hallway. It was Henry.

"Y/n!" He exclaims, jogging to you and giving you a big hug. "How are you? It's been so long.."

"I'm okay, how are you?"

He let's go of you.

"I'm alright as well, William on the other hand.." He rubs the back of his neck.

"Is he doing okay?"

"Not really.. he's been cooped up in his garage working on something, when I visited him he kept saying weird things."

A week ago.

Henry opens the garage door.

"Will?" He steps in.

William stops working with the strange liquid.

"Henry..?"

Henry pinches his nose.

"Dear god Will.. it smells awful in here..when was the last time you took a shower?"

"I don't need one, I need to finish this.."

"Finish what?"

"This.."

He lifts a syringe so Henry can see it.

Henry walks behind William, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Will I think you should take a little break, this isn't healthy."

"Don't fucking touch me." He jerks forward.

He spins around in his chair to see Henry.

"Will..you look awful, when was the last time you ate anything? Or-or slept?"

"That doesn't matter Henry, what matters is Evan." William smiles a wide smile.

"Evan? William, Evan is gone..I'm sorry but you have to try to recover."

William turns back around.

"I can bring him back.."

Present.

"He wasn't well last time I saw him."

"I wasn't too good either." You say, fidgeting with your fingers.

"No y/n.. he really wasn't well, I think he needs to see someone."

"Oh.. well maybe I can visit him, try to cheer him up somehow."

"That would be great, I think it would be good for him to take a break."

"Yeah.."

A moment of silence.

"Maybe you should go home, the Diner has been closed for a while due to the accident."

"Yeah I'll go to William's actually. Could you give me a ride?" You say, slighlty smiling.

"Sure, let's go."

You feel bad for Henry, he doesn't have that chipper smile like he used to have when you first met him.

Now he looks like the only thing he does is worry.

Another time skip.

You knock on William's front door and imminently hear tiny footsteps approach it.

Elizabeth opens the door, you look down to see her eyes red and puffy.

"Y/n!" Her face lights up when she sees its you.

"Oh Elizabeth! I've missed you so much!" You go down on one knee and give her a tight squeeze.

"I've missed you too!"

You get up and take her hand, you both go inside.

You then close the door behind you.

"Where's your father?"

She frowns again.

"We haven't seen him for a long while, I tried to go into the garage but he yelled at me to get out."

"Oh hun I'm sorry.. I'll talk to him."

"Okay but be careful, he might yell at you too."

You nod your head then make your way to the garage, as soon as you open the door the smell of oil and body oder hits you like a rock.

"Oh my god.." You pinch your nose.

"Whose there.." You hear William from his work desk.

"It's y/n."

"Oh.." He chuckles. "Y/n it's so good to hear your voice." He keeps working on his work.

"Yeah..um..how long has it been since you got some sunlight? Or a shower.." You whisper the last part.

"Sunlight? Who needs sunlight when there's a goal to be met."

You walk closer to him, looking over his shoulder to see what he's working on. It looks to be a liquid in syringes.

"And what goal is that?"

"To bring my little boy back."

You give him a confused face.

A moment of silence fills the room.

"I-it's been a while since you've seen your kids hm?" You say, taking a seat next to his desk.

"I suppose so." He says, measuring the strange liquid in a graduated cylinder.

"At least come back to work, we can't open the Diner back up until you show up."

He takes an annoyed deep breath.

"Very well, I'll come in tomorrow."

You sigh in relief.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." You get up from your chair and hug him from behind. "Thank you."

You walk towards the door then pause, you take a deep breath.

"I love you, William." You quickly close the door behind you before you could hear what he says.

William looks at the garage door.

He chuckles to himself.

"I love you too." He whispers.

He spins in his chair and faces himself to the liquid that sits before him.

He picks up the syringe to his face.

"I'll make one for you too,
my delicate flower."
------------------------
IM BACK.
also if ya'll are curious of what I've been doing my insta is (artistrat434)