Haunted House Confession (Izuki Shun)

....I frowned at the signboard in front of me.

'Haunted House'

......Seirin team just finished practice and they happened see me on my way home when they got out the court so Riko-sempai asked me to go to a 'place' with them. It would be bad to turn her down so I accepted the offer.

I am actually pretty close with Seirin team because I always run errands for them.

"Can you survive inside a house full of mazes and ghosts?" Kagami-san read, squinting his eyes.

"Why do we have to go here, Riko-sempai?" Kuroko-san asked.

"Well... I got free tickets from one of dad's trainee." Riko-sempai answered.

........I see. I'm scared of things like these...... But as they say, life is an adventure!!!~

"While we're at it, how about we make a game?" Kiyoshi-sempai suggested.

"What do you mean, Teppei?" Hyuga-sempai asked.

"Something like... Let us form in pairs and the last pair to get out the maze will treat everyone to Ramen.... I'm not sure. I mean, this idea just came out from my mind in a whim."Kiyoshi-sempai answered.

"That's a fine idea...."

"I.....I'll pass." Kogane-sempai said, sweatdropping.

"Same!" Furihata-san, Fukuda-san, and Kawahara-san nodded.

"What?! You're chickening out? How boring." Izuki-sempai suddenly interfered.

"But I suck at mazes." Kogane-sempai answered.

...Oh!

"Don't worry, sempai!" I cheered. "I know that it will be A-maze-ing there!"

"THAT WAS GREAT, ______-CHAN!" Izuki-sempai shouted, holding his fist up.

And we did a fist bump...

......*cricket sound*

...Everyone was quiet.

"So the people that would enter is Kagami, Kuroko, Riko, Shun, ______-chan, Teppei, Rinnosuke, and me." Hyuga-sempai said.

....Ignored...

I sulked on the ground while Izuki-sempai, patted my back.

"There, there." he said.

"Lets draw lots for the pairing." Riko-sempai said

Izuki-sempai suddenly stood up and walked towards Riko-sempai, leaving poor me behind.

He whispered something to her and moved away.

~~~~~~~~~~

These were the pairings:

Kagami-san and Kuroko-san

Kiyoshi-sempai and Riko-sempai

Hyuga-sempai and Mitobe-sempai

Me and Izuki-sempai.

~~~~~~~

The haunted house seems to have 5 entrances so we decided that each pair would enter in different entrances. Izuki-sempai and I were assigned on the front door.

The staff at the front door of the haunted house gave us a flashlight. He smiled at us and opened the door......Creepy.

We entered the house to be welcomed by a dark room that resembles a living room. There's an old tv that has cracks on the screen, a sofa that is missing a leg, and a dusty coffee table. The walls have been peeled off while the floor is filled with... chunks of red and flesh color... Might be paint. Ha..ha.hahaha.

"Who lived here, I wonder?" I asked.

"Or maybe, we should ask this instead: Who died here?" Izuki-sempai chuckled.

...I laughed nervously as we walked towards the direction where the flashlight was pointed at.

"Oohhhh. I....have....a....visitor...." a chilly voice said.

....I quickly grabbed Izuki-sempai's arms and held onto it tightly.

"I wanna go home. I wanna go home. I wanna go home." I muttered as we proceed to walk forward.

"Woah. Too tight, ______-chan."

Suddenly... I felt something cold held my ankle.

....."...Sempai... Something's holding my ankle..." I whispered.

"Huh..?" Izuki-sempai asked.

.....I.....I....

"NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" I shouted, running away and leaving sempai behind.

"______-chan! WAIT!"

I don't want to die!!! TT.TT

I aimlessly ran towards any direction, passing by all the moving dark figures I don't wanna know what is.

~~~~~~~

I have hidden myself under a table.... I'm lost and I don't know where to go. I hugged my knees tightly.

I'm scared. I know that they are humans that are only wearing costumes... But I'm scared.... I even left Izuki-sempai behind...

I feel bad.....

I felt something touch my knees.

.....They found me....! Uwaaaaaah!

"I dont want to.. anymore!!!!!" I cried, tears spilling on my eyes.

"_____-chan!"

I looked up to spot... IZUKI-SEMPAI! I hugged him tightly, savoring his warmth.

"YOU WORRIED ME!" he scolded. "It took me so long to find you!"

"I'm sorry!" I cried, snuggling on his chest. "I'm so scared!"

He hugged me back.

"Let me tell you a secret." he whispered on my ears. "I'm scared too.... But I manage to fight it off... Because I want to be beside you when you freak out. So... Can you do me a favor and stay by my side while I protect you? "

Woah. That sounded like a confession. I chuckled, wiping off my tears.

"Let's go, sempai?" I asked, letting go of him..

he nodded, smiling.

~~~~~~~

We managed to find the way out and made it to 3rd place. Barely hanging but that's fine.

The last one to get out was Kuroko-san and Kagami-san. It appears that they got lost because Kuroko-san followed the ghost girl because he was determined to see its face.

"House(How's) your experience in the Haunted House?" Izuki-sempai asked Hyuga-sempai.

*cricket sound*

"......Okay!~ So Kagami,my stomach is ready."

Izuki-sempai sulked on a corner and I patted his back.

"Anyway, ______-chan. I'm serious about what I said a while ago inside the haunted house. I'm waiting for your response, okay?" and with that, he stole a quick kiss on my right cheek before rejoining the others.

....I stared at his retreating figure, dumbfounded.

"Can you do me a favor and stay by my side while I protect you? " was what he said....

...So it really was...a confession?

My cheeks started to heat up as I touch my right cheek.

~~~~~
His Side.

"So.... Did my manipulation in the draw lots helped?" Riko said, smirking at Izuki, nudging him.

"Yes." Izuki said, smiling from ear to ear.

~~~~~~~~
Bakamono: I am thankful for the 170+ reads. I am so happy....