Farewell (Sakurai Ryō)

He is timid but great at basketball. He keeps apologizing even though there's no need to... He's so cute... I have liked him for a long time already but he never noticed me.

I would always greet him but he'll only ignore me. I always cheer for him during his matches but he never casted a glance in my direction. I would try poking his back to get his attention but he'll only shiver and walk away. He does not want to to talk to me... It's making me so sad.

"I'm home." I whispered, as soon as I shut the door behind me and walked to the stairs to my room.

"I'll skip dinner, mom. I'm not in the mood to eat." I told mom as I passed by the kitchen.

"Woah. It has gotten chilly." she said, stirring whatever she's making with a laddle. "_____-chan, I made stew, your favorite."

"Hm. Ye. I'll still skip." I murmured.

I reached my room and entered it to find my younger brother lying on my bed. MY bed.

"Chihara! I told you to stop entering my room!" I scolded.

Chihara blinked in shock before running past me.

"MOOOOM! ONEE-CHAN IS HEREEE AGAIN!!" he shouted as he descended the stairs. I rolled my eyes before shutting the door.

I plopped on my bed... Just when will Sakurai-san notice me?

~~~~~~

...Maybe I should confront him about it already. I think I should confess to him...

...Yes, I'll do that today after his basketball practice.

I left a note on his desk that we should meet in the park after school.

...I sat on the bench, waiting for his arrival. What should I say to him? ...I'm getting nervous all of a sudden. The trees sway violently as the wind blew hard. It's like it's reacting to what I am feeling.

....He's here...

"Sakurai-san!" I quickly stood up.

"I'm sorry but please! Leave me alone!" he shouted, bowing.

....My heart felt a tinge of pain.

"...Why?" I asked.

".....Please... Rest in peace. I'm sorry it's my fault you died. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" he shouted once again.

.....His fault I died....?

"B-but I'm not yet dead!"......

....Huh...?

"Sakurai-san, Goodmorning!" I greeted.

"Ergh.. Captain!!"

He always looked scared.
.....

"DO YOUR BEST, SAKURAI-SAN!"

"...Eeeekh." and he did a three point shoot.

He never casted a look in my direction..

.......

"SAKURAAI-SAAN" *poke*

"....Cold."

He always feel cold whenever I touch him.

.......

"Woah. It has gotten chilly." she said, stirring whatever she's making with a laddle. "_____-chan, I made stew, your favorite."

...Even mom...

......

"Chihara! I told you to stop entering my room!" I scolded.

Chihara blinked in shock before running past me.

"MOOOOM! ONEE-CHAN IS HEREEE AGAIN!!"

....Chihara was always in my room... Maybe because he already occupy it in the first place... And he seems mortified to even see me.

......

..."How....?" I asked, tears spilling from my eyes.

Sakurai-san looked at me in the eyes.. Something he never did.

..Once he saw me crying, he also started weeping.

".....I'm sorry, _____-san." he sobbed. "I'm sorry.. Very very sorry."

...He knew my name.

He closed the gap between us and gave me a hug. "I'm sorry.." He mumbled, his voice cracking.

And with that, I cried in his arms, agitated by the fact that I am, well, dead.

~~~~

Once we have calmed down, he told me what happened which actually made sense..

He was crossing the road but he suddenly stopped in the middle of it because he saw a cat lying around. He picked it up and was about to continue walking but then a truck is running at a full speed and he won't make it in time so I pushed him... and I was the one who got hit instead.

If I remember it right, I always stalk him that's why, maybe, that happened.

...Now that I knew that I'm dead already, I have a feeling that I'll be called... My feet are already fading. That's why I have to settle things.

"...Sakurai-san can you do me a favor? I'm running out of time so I need you to help me."

He nodded. "It's fine...As a thank you and sorry for saving my life. "

"..Thank you."

~~~~~

I managed to tell him what I want him to do... ... And it's just on time... Half of my body is the only thing visible.

...I feel so sorrowful.. Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes.

"...Sakurai-san... Last thing I want to say is... I like you. "

His eyes went big as a watermelon.

"Me!?"

"That's why I was always following you, dummy." I laughed, wiping off my tears.

"Huh!? I thought that you were following me because it's like.. I killed you indirectly... I'm sorry for misunderstanding!"

"Hey, it's alright." I sniffed.

"Please stop crying.. It's making me sad too." he said, tears spilling from his eyes. "I'm sorry you died. I'm sorry! I'm sorry I always ignored you. I'm sorry I did not say I like you when you're still alive!"

....What?.... "Y-you..like me too?"

..He nodded, wiping off his tears.

"...W-well.. I am glad... Truly glad." I gave his cheek a small kiss.. "I guess this is farewell."

".....I'm sorry. I'm sorry... Goodbye, ______-san... I... I LIKE YOU! PLEASE MEET ME AGAIN. SOMEDAY." he shouted.

"Hmm. Ye." I chuckled, standing up.

I bowed before waving goodbye.

I guess this is fine... Because I died saving the person I like. Sakura-san still has lots to do. And I hope I can still watch him even from afar.

....

~~~

His side.

Sakurai watched as ______ turned to disappear. It's as if she was not even there in the first place.

....."Bye...." he mumbled...

...All that is left to do is for him to deliver the letter that is for ______'s family.

"I can do this!" Sakurai shouted, slapping his cheeks and running to ______'s place.

~~~~

(Bakamono: Sorry it's crappy ; _ ;. Happy 990+ reads holy crap. I feel bad. I'll update soon. Something not crappy. ._.)