Please Take Care of Her (Akashi Seijuro & Midorima Shintaro)

(Bakamono: whoops. Forgot to tell who requested. Requested by kittykatlol7 )

His Point Of View

"It's over! I'm tired, Shin. I don't want this anymore." She cried, head on her hands.

I could've hold you. Consoled you. Tell you that I love you.

"You make me feel like I'm nothing but filth!" She shouted.

The sight of you crying was the most painful scene I have ever seen.

I didn't have the words to comfort you. I have my pride and I know for a fact that relationships aren't meant for me.

"Fine. Let's break up." I calmly said, adjusting my eyeglasses.

She nodded, not making eye contact. She turned around and ran away without saying any word.

....

"Please don't leave me." I desperately whispered.

But it was too late. You were long gone.

Months passed and the wound you left me was still there, killing me inside. But of course, I have to conceal it.

It was another excruciating day without you. I focused on one thing that helps me forget about you.

Basketball.

I was unknotting the bandage around my hand when I saw shadow blocking my hand but not my head.

"Midorima-kun."

I looked up and saw Akashi in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked

"I'm going out _____. I would just like for you to know that simply because..." He trailed off. "I don't want any filth touching what's mine."

A friend of mine asked me today,
If he could go out with you
He told me he could cherish you better than I
Considering now that we are through

"That's not my concern anymore, Akashi." I answered, adjusting my eyeglasses.

"I got to my point. I'm just warning you." He said.

That's okay.
Get away.

"It's okay I guess since there's not much left from our relationship" I said, trying not to sound sad or hurt.

"I'm sorry you failed to see that you have just thrown such treasure back to the sea."

Stop apologizing, I'm not that hurt anyways

"Just please be a better boyfriend to her" I told him, my voice wavering by a tiny bit.

I couldn't tell him that I still have sleepless nights because of you
Although I'd cheered my friend on and sent him off with a forced smile.

He gave me a small nod before walking away.

Damn it, _____. Why didn't I take care of you?

I'm such an idiot.

Oh can't you see? I'm still loving you.
My heart's not yet ready to let you go!

I was walking around the campus when I saw you and Akashi. Akashi was kneeling on one knee and had a bouquet of flower stretched out to you.

You were grinning happily as he asked you the question, " Will you be my empress?"

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!
Say you can't because your heart is still waiting for me, say no!

Knowing in hindsight I would be regretting this but still forced myself to pretend to be cool
Knowing behind my friend's back, I would be upset and be begging him to stop.

Each passing day was painful. I would often see you and him, happily talking to each other on your wat home.

You two would pass by a cafe and have a coffee there.

...We were used to be like that. I was stupid enough not to tell you how much I had enjoyed those moments.

I don't want you gone, _____.

I want you to be my lucky item, not his empress.

Oh can't you see? I'm still loving you
My heart's not yet ready to let you go

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!
Say you can't because your heart is still waiting for me

"..Shin-chan, what's the matter?" Takao asked as he took a sip from his energy drink. "...You look like you haven't slept for days."

...That's the case, dammit.

I couldn't tell him that I still have sleepless nights because of you
Although I'd cheered my friend on and sent him off with a forced smile.

"Yes, I haven't, you idiot." I said, sending a glare to him.

He simply laughed and pushed me.

"You're such a grumpy carrot ever since she broke up with you." He said. "I'm no kind friend so I'm telling this to you head on."

"It's your fault."

Oh can't you see? I'm still loving you
My heart's not yet ready to let you go

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!
Say you can't because your heart is still waiting for me, say no!

I can't embrace your warmth anymore. I can't kiss your soft lips anymore. I can't hear you say you love me anymore.

It's pathetic. I'm pathetic.

_____, please come back to me.

I love you.