Chapter 2: Dinner and Tv

"How much longer?"

Wakko Warner pressed his face against the oven window, watching a delectable looking pizza bake inside. His older brother, Yakko, placed on a pair of oven mitts. He smiles at his younger brother.

"Just a few more minutes." Yakko says as he gently shoves Wakko aside and opens the oven. The smell of pizza fills the room. Both brothers come close and smell the yummy aroma. They sigh.

Yakko checks the pizza over. "Yep, not too long now."

As he closes the oven, making sure Wakko doesn't get his hands caught trying to sneak it out before it is ready, Yakko looks out the kitchen. "Dot! Pizza is almost done!"

Not too far away inside the water tower, Dot Warner was staring at the wall in her pretty pink room. She looks out the room door.

"I'll be out there in a minute!" Dot calls out. She returns to the task at hand. Finding the blasted tick noise.

Tick, tick.

Dot snaps her head to it, holding her hammer up high. There it was again. She'll show it!

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Yakko and Wakko jumped in the air the second they heard that. Wakko looks at his brother.

"What is she doing?" He asks.

"No clue baby bro." Yakko says walking out the kitchen and heading over to Dot's room. "I'll check it out."

Upon getting closer to their sister's room, he spies Dot inside and facing a new hole in the wall.

"Oops, overdid it." Dot says, poking her head into the hole. She raises a brow realizing she could not see the outside. Instead she found a metal wall within. There was at least a few inches of open air where she could poke her head in before touching the metal wall's surface. Yakko then pops his head into the room.

"Remodeling?" Yakko says, walking into the room.

Dot turns to him. "I wish. It's that same ticking noise that keeps coming back. It keeps annoying the heck out of me."

"It's probably the pipes." Yakko concludes and draws his sister away from the open wall, grabbing her hammer. "I'll check it out later. For now the pizza calls us!"

"Gluten free?"

"Always." Yakko nods.

"Great!" Dot skips out the room. Yakko tosses the mallet onto her bed and walks after her.

"It's an interesting turn of events, Bob." A newscaster on the tv begins. Wakko had flipped on the little tv in the kitchen and was watching it with boredom.

"As of two days ago, Dr. Anderson still remains missing. Clues about his whereabouts remain scarce as of yet."

"Booooring." Wakko moans and grabs the remote, flipping the channel to a commercial.

"Eat Branimaniacs! Nutritionally, it lacks-"

"That's even worse." Wakko groans and hits his head against the counter.

"Nothing to watch?" Yakko asks as he and Dot enter the kitchen, Dot going to sit at the table.

"Just news and junky commercials." Wakko moans, lifting his head up and flipping the channel once more.

"They're zany and totally insaney! And they're back on tv! The Animaniacs reboot is what everyone is talking about!" Some lady on a talk show began with a cheesy smile.