Chapter 6: Keys, Mr. Reflection, and Vents

"Well, open it already, Yakko!"

"Already on it, sis!" Yakko says as he grabs the envelope cutter off the table and rips open the letter in one single swipe.

All three siblings were at the center of their living room and crowded around the letter. Yakko dumps the letter out and in his hands two things fall. A folded up sheet of notebook paper and a key. Wakko snatches the key and looks it over.

"What kind of fan mail is this?" Wakko asks. He notices a little card attached to the key. He extends it out to read. "Animation Cels 29.'"

Dot snatches the key. "Maybe it's some type of code."

Yakko unfolds the letter. "Sibs, look at this."

They all crowd around the letter. It had the fanciest cursive they've ever seen. It read this:

Hello Warners,

You do not know who I am, but I am a friend. I've been watching you all very closely. Despite the danger it might lead you to, I have gifted you this key. Unlock the studio secrets. It's time you know. They're in your hands now. Please stay safe.

Your friend, AG

The Warners look at one another and then at the key in Dot's hands. Yakko looks over the letter again, rereading every word.

"Well...ehhh for once I'm speechless." Yakko says, gulping.

"Worst fan mail ever!" Dot huffs, but then she snatches the letter and looks it over. "But then again, studio secrets do catch a girl's eye."

Yakko takes the key from Dot. "It does sound intriguing. But to where o' where does this key belong?"

Yakko looks over the key, reading the words on the card. Animation Cels 29'. Now what could that mean?

"We do have the animation department." Yakko points out. "Maybe something in there can help us."

"Shouldn't we be a bit worried that someone has been watching us?" Wakko asks.

The Warners are silent.

"Nah." They concluded all together.

"To the animation department!" Yakko shouts and they all run over to the water tower door.

The Warners slip open the door and peek out. The sky was growing dark as the studio lot neared closing hours. Down below they could spot Ralph at his post. He was busy with guiding the traffic of outgoing cars. They each looked at each other before Yakko guided them out the door and down the ladder.

Each one slides down the ladder and once they hit the pavement, they rush off before Ralph could spot them. They hide behind one of the movie set buildings.

"Okay, here's the plan." Yakko says to his siblings. "Using intricate disguises we find on this costume rack-" Yakko says as he pulls a costume rack out of nowhere. "-we will get past security at the animation department with a show that will blow their minds! Once they're distracted we let Wakko test out the key on everything and then-"

"Yakko not to burst your creativity bubble here." Dot interrupts. "But there is no way I'm wearing those hideous costumes!"

"I'll throw in a set of pearls." Yakko says, fishing the necklace from his pockets.

"Fat chance!"

As the siblings begin to bicker, Wakko notices something out of the corner of his eye. Someone was watching them...

Mr. Reflection.

Wakko turns around. He catches the copycat as they run away. Wakko growls.

"Not this time Mr. Copycat!" Wakko grumbles.