Chapter 22: Rescuing Issac

"What was that he said?" Wakko manages to say before Dot shushed him.

"Oh, I don't know...maybe if you were a little quieter I could hear something!" Dot snapped and peered back through the vent leading to Plotz's office. Wakko rolled his eyes and joined Dot at the vent. They could only see from behind Plotz's desk, but they could hear everyone. When Issac had been taken, they had ventured into the vents, knowing well Issac would be taken to Plotz. And here they were, listening in.

"You remember Weed Memlo?" Plotz's voice cuts in, catching the siblings' attention.

"Hate that guy," Wakko whispers, frowning.

"Shhh!" Dot hushes Wakko.

"...Dadoo?" Issac's voice cut through the silence.

The two Warner siblings looked at each other in confusion. They peered through the vent, just enough to see Plotz carry a phone up to his ear. And just as quickly a gloved hand grabs it back.

"You can't call him!" Issac shouts, sounding panicked.

"Issac, let the phone go!" Plotz snaps, grabbing back the phone. Issac crawls onto the CEO's lap to grab the phone back, but Plotz moves it out of his reach. "Ralph! Grab him!"

"No!" Issac shouts, but he's snatched up by Ralph, who traps him in a bear hug grip. "Please, don't call him!"

"Hello?" Plotz answers on the phone. "Mr. Memlo, I need you to come to the studio..."

"We have to do something," Wakko whispers to Dot.

"I know," Dot whispers back. "They're gonna lock up Issac if we don't do something. We need a plan."

Wakko ponders this and then a lightbulb appears over his head. "I got it!" Wakko grabs the bulb and munches on it, turning to Dot. He grins. "Here's the plan..."

"I don't care how late it is!" Plotz yells into the phone. "I have your miserable creation here, and I want him dealt with!" There's chatter on the other end. "Mr. Memlo, you will come here immediately!"

Issac watched this conversation happen, but movement out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. He raises a brow. A gloved hand unplugs the phone cord.

"Do you understand me-" Plotz blinks as the line goes dead. "Hello? Hello? Mr. Memlo are you there?"

"I think your phone is dead," Wakko says, sitting on the corner of Plotz's desk.

"I think you're right-AAH!" Plotz screams as he ducks down behind his desk. "WAKKO?"

"Hiya, Plotzy!" Wakko cheers before pouncing on the man, giving him the classic Warner kiss on the lips.

"BLEH!" Plotz shoves Wakko off and wipes his mouth. He glares at the toon. "Out of my office, this instant!"

"But you haven't introduced us to your new friend!" Dot says, sitting on Ralph's shoulder and pinching Issac's cheeks.

"That kinda hurts-" Issac yelps as the Warner sister pinches his face harder.

"Can we keep him?" Dot bats her eyes innocently as she hugs Issac towards her.

"No! You cannot keep him!" Plotz shouts. In desperation, he turns to Ralph. "Ralph! Grab those Warners!"

"Yes, sir!" Ralph says, automatically trying to grab Dot, but she drops down and runs before the officer can grab her. Wakko joins his sister and the two blow raspberries at Ralph.

"Don't just stand there, Ralph! GRAB THOSE WARNERS!" Plorz shouts.

The overweight guard drops Issac and initiates a chase.