Chapter 8: Cousins

"So...who wants to be the one to open it?"

Yakko nervously smiled at his siblings who shook their heads and folded their arms over their chests.

"No way. You have the key." Dot says. "You open it."

"Well, I will give the key to you." Yakko says, putting they key in Dot's hands. "You open it."

"Heck no!" Dot says.

BAM! BAM!

Wakko gulps. Once again the safe box had begun to make that racket. Neither himself or his siblings wanted to be the first to open up the box. Wakko wasn't sure what he was more afraid of. A full out blowout between his brother and sister or what was inside the safe box.

"Uh guys?" Wakko says, looking at his siblings. They had begun playing hot potato with the key.

"You open it! You wanted the secrets!" Yakko shouts.

"You dragged us down here! You have every right to open it!" Dot shouts.

Wakko frowns and stomps his feet. He puts hand to mouth and sharply whistles. The key lands on the ground and the two Warners look at their brother.

"Wakko, we're in the middle of arguing." Yakko says, putting his hands on his hips.

"Yeah, I'm close to winning." Dot says in a huff.

Wakko grabs the key. "I'll open it."

BAM! BAM! BAM!

"You sure?" Yakko asks.

"Well we came all this way." Wakko says, climbing on top of Lon Borax's safe box. "Let's not stop now."

Wakko balances on the shelf and then goes on his toes, stuffing the key into Animation Cels 29 's key hole. Wakko twists the key around until it snaps open with a click.

"Whoa!" Wakko shouts when the whole shelf shoots out and knocks him off balance.

"I got ya!" Yakko shouts, lunging forward and catches Wakko before he could hit the ground. "You okay?"

Wakko nods, allowing Yakko to stand him up. "I'm okay!"

"Look!" Dot shouts, causing both Warner brothers to look up.

The entire shelf was rattling and suddenly, with a burst of paper, a small safe box launched out and flew into the air.

"I got it!" Dot shouts, running forward.

The safe box plummets down and Dot throws herself forward. She falls flat on her stomach and skids to a stop. The box lands safely in her hands. Dot grins.

"I got it!" Dot stands up, holding the box up in the air.

" Fantastic! " All three Warners hear at once. " Now...can you let me out of the box? "

"Huh?" Dot looks at the box. "Did it just speak?"

The Warners hear laughter and all look at the box. It was coming from inside.

" Now that's the best joke I've heard in forever! " The voice laughs. " A box laughing! Hilarious! "

"Sis," Yakko says, grabbing the box. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think someone's actually inside this thing."

Wakko takes the box and begins shaking it. "But it's so small!"

" H-H-Hey!" The voice says from inside the box. " Quit shaking me! I'm not a maraca! "

"Oops." Wakko stops shaking the box. "Sorry."

"Lemme look at that." Yakko asks, and Wakko hands him the safe box. Yakko looks it over. There was a keyhole on the box. "Well, I'm short of keys."