Chapter 3: It's a Date!

"And we'll be right back after these messages!"

"Cut!" An off stage man says to the crew and the cameras go offline. Just in front of them was the talk show host and actress Melody Cattington. Melody sighed once the cameras went offline.

"Tired, hon?" The host asked. "Why don't you grab some refreshments? They're just by the equipment over that way."

"Oh thank you very much." Melody said and got off the chair. She walked past the busybodies working to ready the show for the next segment. Her segment was done and over with. Finally...

Melody reached the table and saw a lovely assortment of pastries and healthy snacks along with cups of water. There was even a coffee pot. She rubbed her hands together, eager to grab something when a telephone rings. Melody looks confused for a minute, but then realizes her dress was buzzing. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a cellphone.

"Oh dear..." Melody says seeing the caller ID. She hangs up the call.

"Oh!" Melody exclaims when the phone begins to ring again. She sighs and answers it.

"Memlo...what a surprise." Melody's tail begins to twitch back and forth.

"Cattington." Memlo says on the other line. "I sure hope it isn't that big of a surprise. After all, I caught your big segment on tv!"

"O-oh you did, did you?" Melody's voice catches in her throat. She notices some workers of the show eyeing her and she turns away. "Well, I sure hope there's no hard feelings-"

"Melody." Memlo says, cutting her off. "Forget the segment. That's not what I'm here to talk about."

Melody folds her arms, a frown settling on her face. "Then what?"

"...It's about our little friend."

Melody stood straight up and looked around to check if anyone was watching. No one was. She returns to the call. "Mr. Memlo, no. I refuse."

"I've kept your secret this long, you owe me." Memlo hissed.

Melody growls. "I owe you nothing!"

"Melody-"

"Good day, Mr. Memlo." Melody firmly says into the phone. "I do hope you enjoyed the segment!"

The feline hangs up the phone before the director could get another word out. She leans against the refreshment table, putting her face in her hands.

Suddenly, she felt the floor vibrate. With a gasp, Melody draws away from the table and looks to the source of the vibration. Everyone around had begun clinging to walls or anything sturdy to avoid falling. Right in the middle of the cement floor, the floor begins to break apart and crumble as a drill machine shoots up and out of the ground. Melody shields her face from the falling dirt and then looks back up.

"Drills!" Yakko says, driving the machine and pushing as many buttons on the machine as he deemed fit. "Who knew they just left these things untended?"

Wakko and Dot sat on either side of him, bobbing their heads. Wakko bites the remaining slice of pizza in his hands and looks at the workers around him. He noticed the bewildered state they were in. Wakko swallows and looks at his older brother.

"Yakko, I think you forgot something." Wakko points out.

Yakko taps his chin. Then he snaps his fingers. "Oh right!"

Yakko looks around the front of the engine's controls and grabs a hold of the keys, turning the drill off. Each of the Warners jumps off the drill. Yakko hands the keys to one of the workers. "Make sure this thing makes it to the parking lot would ya?"