Chapter 5: The Letter

Plotz grumbled at his desk, signing papers that needed to be done with so he can get on with his day. He was quite irritated today. Not only were the Warners being a menace on the lot, he had some important business to take care of after the day was done. It wasn't like Plotz to be so busy, but matters like these couldn't be ignored.

"Stupid Memlo." Plotz mutters, grabbing up his documents and setting them to the side. "Calling me so late in the day. And for what? A stupid-"

Creak.

"Huh?" Plotz dared to look up.

There a hooded figure was at his window, climbing inside. They make eye contact. Plotz screams. Coincidentally, lightning happened to strike and the next moment the figure was gone. Plotz rubs his eyes and looks again. Indeed the figure was gone.

"I-I'm seeing things!" Plotz groans, slumping in his seat. That's when something on the ground catches his eye. "What's this?"

The little CEO gets off his chair and cautiously moves towards the item. There on the floor was a single letter. He picks it up off the floor.

"How did this get here?" Plotz says, opening his window and peeking outside. "And where did that lightning come from?"

With many questions in mind, Plotz looks back to the letter. He looks over the scribbly handwriting on the letter's front. To: Warners.

"What do I look like? A personal delivery boy?" Plotz grumbles and then looks around his office. There was no one around as far as he could see. But the idea that the figure was still around watching him gave him the shivers. He did not want something messing with him, no siree.

"I suppose I can deliver one letter." Plotz said, going to his chair and sitting in it. He presses a button on his intercom. "Call the Warners for me, I have a uh...letter for them."

"Right away, sir." His secretary says back to him.

Plotz clicks off the intercom and slumps in his seat, not ready to have another encounter with the Warners today.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Plotz picks up his phone. "Hello, Thaddeus Plotz speaking."

"Mr. Plotz, it's Weed Memlo."

Plotz scowls. "I've already told you, Memlo, that girl has the studio's permission. What could be so important to disturb me a second time?"

"I apologize for the inconvenience, Mr. Plotz." Mr. Memlo says into the phone. "But it occurred to me, are you going alone today to visit...our friend?"

"He's not anyone's friend, Mr. Memlo. I'll have you know I'll be quite alright, it is a well guarded prison after all. And these meetings are only mandatory to keep him in check." Plotz said simply. "Is that all, Mr. Memlo?"

"There is another matter." Mr. Memlo says. Plotz manages to catch the nervous tone in his voice, making the CEO frown.

"Well, what is it?" Plotz says.

"It regards Ms. Cattington." Mr. Memlo continues. "She asked earlier about the Warner Brothers knowing anything. I'm worried she will not keep up with the promises she made regarding-"

BAM!

The office doors flew open and the infamous Warners stood there with mallets in hand and grins on their faces. Plotz jumped a foot into the air before scrambling to snatch his phone which had dropped as well.

"Mr. Memlo, I'll call you back!" Plotz rushed into the phone and hung up.

"Hiya Plotzy!" The Warners chorus and each jump into the arms of the CEO, giving him the Warner fashioned style kisses on his face.

"Did ya miss us?" Wakko asked with a smile.

Plotz gags. "None whatsoever!"

Yakko clasped his hands together. "Always spreading the love!"

"Get off me!" Plotz throws them off his lap and they jump onto the desk. Yakko plops down onto a stack of papers and pats it.

"You looked worked up, Plotzy." Yakko quirks. "The desk speaks for itself."

"Literally." Dot says jabbing a thumb to the messy work made of the desk with papers and knick knacks everywhere. "How do you find anything in this tsunami?"

"Surf's on dudes!" Wakko shouts as he's suddenly riding the paperwork with a surfer's board as the paperwork has morphed into a giant wave.

Plotz screams when the wave crashes down on him, burying him in all his work. Wakko and Dot casually walk on top of the piles of paper while carrying shovels.

"Talk about really diving into your work." Dot says as she shovels papers out of the way to get Plotz out.

"I believe the needed term here is drowning." Yakko says as he walks across the desk. He notices something stuck to his foot. A letter. "Ooh, what's this?"

Yakko lifts his foot and takes the letter off. His siblings throw their shovels and peer at the letter.

"To: Warners." Dot reads.

Yakko flips it over and then back to the front again. "Doesn't say who it's from."

Wakko takes the letter. "Maybe it's from a secret admirer!"

"For all three of us?" Dot asks.

"Maybe it's fan mail." Yakko says. "I don't know about you, sibs, but I'm dying to know what's inside."

"Even Plotz is gasping with anticipation!" Wakko says as he notices the CEO's arms were waving from the piles he was buried under.

"Actually, I think that's normal suffocation." Yakko says and pulls on Plotz's arms.

The CEO pops out with a gasp and spits out wads of papers from his mouth. The Warners give him bright smiles. Plotz turns red from anger, making unintelligible noises.

"He's gonna explode!" Wakko shrieks.

"Run for the hills, sibs!" Yakko commands.

With a running start, they rev up their legs and speed off, burying the CEO once more under the papers he was buried in. Plotz quickly swims out of the papers and spits out more wads of paper once again.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Plotz angrily picks up the phone. "WHAT?"

"Mr. Plotz, it's me, Weed Memlo."

"Yes, yes, what do you want, Mr Memlo?" Plotz grumbles as he exits the paper pile.

"As I was trying to say," Mr. Memlo continued. "I don't believe Ms. Cattington will hold up her end of the bargain."

Plotz froze. "What do you mean? You told me she agreed-"

"Yes, yes, I'm aware." Mr. Memlo interrupted. "But I have reason to believe she is attempting to sabotage the deal. For...his sake."

Plotz began to sweat. He grabs a napkin and dabs his forehead. "Mr. Memlo, you better keep that girl in her place! If word ever gets out-"

"Understood, sir." Mr. Memlo says automatically. "I will keep Ms. Cattington in line. Although I do have one request."

"Yes? What is it?" Plotz asks.

"When you visit our friend, do be cautious. He managed to scare off his last therapist."