Chapter 7: The Visit

"Don't worry, Mr. Plotz." A security guard says, opening up a door for the CEO of Warner Brothers. "We've ensured today's visit will go well."

"He's shackled?" Plotz says nervously, wringing a piece of handkerchief in his hands before dabbing himself with it. "Behind the glass wall? It's sealed, correct? He won't-"

"Mr. Plotz." The security guard places a hand on the CEO's shoulder. "It'll be fine."

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous." Plotz apologizes.

The security guard takes his hand away and gestures towards the hall. "This way sir."

Plotz swallows and follows the security guard down the guarded hall. From what he could see, two guards were at either side of the door at the end of the hall. They stood straight and never spoke, carrying taser sticks. The door in question was a heavy metal door with a series of locks on it, including a keypad. It only has one window, even though it was barred. The guard to Plotz's right noticed them and right away took out a key from his pocket. Plotz was familiar with this very specific key. It was the only one needed to open the door.

"Mr. Plotz." The security guard to the left greets, nodding his head.

Plotz nods as well, too focused on the security guard opening up the door to say a real hello. The guard twists the key into the only available keyhole and punches in a code into the keypad. With a beep the door unlocks, every locking mechanism clicking open. The left guard opens the door up.

Enough light floods the room that Plotz can make out the glass wall separating the prisoner inside. The table between the wall was also clear as day. Plotz takes a deep breath and walks inside.

"Thirty minutes." The security guard says.

Plotz nods and enters the room, allowing the guards to close it behind him. Plotz walks over to the table and sets himself down into the chair provided. He clears his throat.

"Good evening, Mr. Warner." Plotz says immediately, pocketing his handkerchief. He folds his hands on the table. "How are we today?"

Click.

A lamp light switches on and light floods the room. Finally, Plotz can see. Staring directly at him was a puppycat child. Plotz flinched when he realized the toon before him was grinning while he stared.

"Plotzy." The toon says, laying back in his chair. "I'm doing quite well. How about you?"

Plotz swallows. He was too eager today. "Just fine."

"That's good, really good." The toon says.

Plotz notices the toon had a paper airplane in his hands, which he was currently fiddling with. Like the others on the toon's side of the desk, it was colored with crayon.

"You um, really enjoy making those-"

"Paper planes?" The toon asks. He holds it up. "Yes, I do."

The toon tosses it to the side and it lands with a soft thud on the desk.

"So," Plotz manages to choke out. "How have things been?"

"Boring." The toon says, bluntly in fact. "But I feel things might go my way for once."

"Oh, that sounds absolutely-" Plotz stops. "Er, what do you mean?"

The toon makes eye contact with Plotz, forcing the CEO into a nervous sweat. The toon's grin only broandens.

"Well, good things happen to those who wait, Plotz." The toon says. "And I've been a very patient boy."

An eerie silence passes between the two. Plotz chuckles nervously.