Chapter 14: The Others

As he watched the doors closed behind the toons, the hooded figure unglued himself from the wall and walked into the alleyway. He holds his hoodie closer to his face and runs over to the fire escape that is right by the building. He climbed up and he reached the top of the roof. Once there, he crouches down and reaches into his pockets.

"AG, you are in so much trouble." A female voice crackled from the walkie talkie the boy was pulling out from his pockets. "When Zack finds out you've been going out again-"

AG clicks a button on the walkie talkie. "You have so much faith in me, you know that?"

"Where are you?" The female voice continues. "You never tell me where you go anymore, AG. I'm sick of your crap."

"Don't swear." AG says into the walkie talkie, walking along the edge of the rooftop. "It ain't lady-like, Darla."

"Don't tell me what is lady-like and what ain't." Darla growls. "You know damn well you aren't supposed to be out dilly dallying. Plus, you're avoiding the question. Where. Are. You?"

AG plops down at the roof's edge and looks over the lot. Lots of people were still running amok with panic from the crazed golf cart. Tourists were complaining about nearly getting trampled and security was everywhere. Trying to find the Warners no doubt. AG narrowed his eyes down at all of this. He brings his hoodie down.

"I'm at the studio." AG says calmly, a gentle breeze blowing by, running through his hair fluff and rabbit ears. His gentle puppycat face was molded into a frown.

"Zack is gonna kill you." Darla snaps.

AG raises the walkie to his mouth. "And who's gonna tell him?"

"I will if you don't tell me why you're there." Darla threatens.

AG is silent, he looks away from the walkie talkie. He catches the Warner Brother water tower in the distance. With the sun out it brings out a nice shine to the metal.

"The Warners have it." AG says. "The studio files."

There's silence from the walkie talkie.

"...And just how did they manage to grab those, huh?"

"I may have helped them out a bit." AG answers honestly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Wasn't hard. That Wakko guy is really-"

"I don't need the rundown." Darla's voice snaps once more. Then it comes more softly. "Studio files, huh? You've been trying to find those for years...and you let the Warners of all people go and find them?"

"Can we not question my plan right now?" AG scowls at her drawled tone. He stands up. "If I had gone in, I could have exposed us. The security here doesn't question the Warners, all they do is kick them back in their tower when they're somewhere they're not supposed to be."

"Okay, okay, I get it." Darla sighs. "Don't get fussy."

AG frowns. "I'm not fussy."

"You are, just a bit." Darla giggles. Then she goes silent before talking again. "You know, if these are the files, then that means we can find them now."

"I know." AG says simply. "It's what I plan on doing. Which reminds me..."

AG lifts his hoodie back up. He starts walking to the roof's edge...and walks down the building's walls. Once he reaches the ground, he speaks into the walkie talkie.

"Don't let Zack know I left." AG says.

"And what makes you think I won't spill my guts?"

"Fifty bucks?"

"Deal."

"Thanks Darla." AG says, flipping off the walkie talkie. He puts it in his pocket. "I owe you."

AG scans his surroundings. Besides the average joe still going hysterical over the golf cart incident, no security on this side of the place. AG rushes through the remaining chaos and makes his way towards the water tower.

AG slows to a stop once before the tower's ladder. He cringes at the sight of old rust and creaky metal. He scales the ladder before grabbing on and climbing up. AG winces at every creak and moan of the metal. Despite this, he continued to climb faster. He couldn't have anyone spot him.

AG reaches the top and walks onto the catwalk. He stares at the yellow structure before him.

"Hello, Big Yellow." AG whispers.

AG grabs a hold of the door and cracks it open, slipping inside. He closes the door behind him and looks around. The Warners had left a big pile of board games over in the living room and their bunk beds were made, with pillows fluffed. AG looks at the top bunk and spots a yellow folder poking out from the bottom of the bunk's pillow. Smiling, AG goes up the bunk bed ladder.

"There you are." AG says as he reaches the top bunk and sits down. He pushes the pillow to the side and reveals a bright yellow folder with the word CLASSIFIED printed on the front in red.

AG opens it up.

"What the-" AG stares at a pack of blank copy paper within the folder. He empties out the folder and all the papers fall out, revealing more blank copies of paper. He searched through the paper, hoping his eyes were playing tricks on him, but there was nothing but blank sheets. AG growls, grasping a fist full of paper.

AG cries, throwing the paper into the air. "The fuck?"

Grabbing his head, AG scowls as he slammed the folder to the ground, paper scattering in every direction. AG snorts through his nose, feeling anger rushing through him. He runs a hand down his face, grinding his teeth. He glares at the papers.

"Where the fuck is it?" AG screams.

Breathing hard, AG looks around the room. He notices the open living room and his eyes locked on the couch with a neat blanket and pillow folded on the couch arm. Narrowing his eyes, he can see something peculiar poking out beneath the pillow.

AG quickly slid down the ladder and walked over to the couch. The closer he got, the more he was able to see that it was a corner of a thick booklet sticking out. AG grabs it and pulls out the brown journal. He opens it up to the first page, reading out "Property of Issac" In the center.

He notices there is a page marked and flips to it. He begins to read aloud the following passage:

Time - 4:30 am

It's been a long time since I've seen the light of day, I plan on staying up until the sun rises this morning. Aces, I thought I'd do a little writing while I was at it too.

I met them, the Warner trio. They're a nice group. Real kind enough to allow me under their wing. They even gave me the couch to sleep on. Much better than the floor of the paper I was stuck in. I can see them from here, sleeping away. Wakko snores really loudly, but they're all little angels. Makes me upset that I've missed out so many years. I can't imagine all of the fun times I must have missed. They seem to be doing fine by themselves. Besides snooping in places they shouldn't be.

I've looked through the file Yakko snatched while I wasn't looking.

Honestly, I was looking for my own sake and I wish I hadn't.

There's a lot in there that's not healthy for a young boy like him to see. And a few things I personally would rather he not find out about. I know I haven't been around for a long time, but it's best if some things are buried. I just hope Yakko doesn't realize I switched out the papers.

For now it's best they don't see what's in that file.

AG stopped reading, staring blankly at the page. He slams the book closed, places it back in the same position on the couch and heads out the door. With a new plan in mind.

"...looks like I have another place to stop by."