12| Innocent

ANGELO AND I HAD TO leave the apartment a little earlier due to business calls and I can't lie saying that I'm not a little upset that I wouldn't be the one bringing Zamira to the ball myself

The place has now begun to fill up with multiple people but no sign of them.

"Russo," I hear a man say from behind me.

Turning I'm met with the Brazilian Mafia Leader. His wife is at his side, arms linked as she holds that fake smile the women of the mafia have been told to hold at these types of functions.

"Barros," my hand connects with his in a quick shake as we give each other a firm nod.

"No date tonight?" he asks with a little chuckle.

My expression stays neutral but my eyebrows scrunch up and he immediately stops.

He clears his throat then continues to say, "Excuse my bad manners, this is my wife Daiane,"

His wife sends me a polite smile of which I return with a nod.

"What do you want?" I ask.

Most people would take it as a hint to leave me the fuck alone but of course, this idiot doesn't and continues to stand his ground in front of me.

"I wanted to talk business, alliance and possibly a collaboration between both of our designing companies," he gets straight to the point.

"I don't own the designing company, you'd have to discuss that with my mother Angelica,"

"But it's under your name, no?" he asks.

Fuckers got balls.

A snarl makes it's way onto my face.

"Yes it's under my name, for purposes that don't concern you. Again I'd suggest you talk to the actual owner,"

"Other than that I'll gladly discuss business and a possible alliance," I raise my eyebrows.

Paulo nods and gestures his hand for me to follow him, not after whispering something into his wife's ear then his guards.

Daiane stays behind with the guard as Paulo leads me to a table.

Taking a seat we begin to discuss and go through setting up meetings to seal the deal.

"If this deal has been approved of you'll be receiving 3% of..."

His words begin to go fuzzy and come through one ear, exiting through the other as my eyes find Zamira.

Holy shit.

And they say Bella Hadid has proven to be the most beautiful woman in the world.

She's wearing a long, off-the-shoulder sleeveless wrap stain, bodycon black corset dress with a split running down her left leg showing her thigh.