Aihla

After I excused myself from the table, I waited with Jess for Meylo. I never liked repeating myself and I'd rather hear all ideas at once and proceed with the best one than to here one at a time and risk forgetting one. The only thing I did ask her was if everything was alright with the pelican or if she ran into any problems here. I winced when she told me that the poor bird was flying with had a broken arrow in its wing.

They had to fly slower to ensure that he didn't hurt himself anymore than he already did and dropped him off at their current medical housing. Apparently the original one had been completely burned down, leaving them with a smaller place. One that had Jess worried. Due to the minimal space, all the wounded birds were cramped together and the ones who had passed were not even a hundred feet away. With such close proximity, bacteria and illness could develop and spread like wildfire. It wouldn't help that they hardly have any medical supplies left.

I asked one of the elder volunteers if they had a good standing with Riverira. If they did, then one who was in good enough shape could fly over to ask for aid. That would be most helpful. Although it wasn't that long ago that Riverira had dealt with their own onslaught of bandits. We wouldn't be asking them to fight however. No, their only aid will be medical. We left them practice defenses so that when another strike happens they are better equipped.

But also since their pillaging is more bodied than material, their medical supplies are nearly all stocked despite being used on those who needed it the night after. Unfortunately, the elder returned and told us not what we had wanted to hear but it could have been worst. While Riverira and Meer weren't enemies they didn't consider each other allies either. Both towns knew of the other's attacks and raids, but neither lifted a wing to help another. Not out of spite or anything like that, but rather that they were scared to leave their town without a fighter they could use, be ambushed while flying over or worst. Receive the wrath of the other town's attackers for aiding.

This would be the first time that both towns would be speaking to each other. So the three of us could understand their hesitation at first to send someone. We still had some hours before the pirates would return. Roughly eleven hours to be exact. Their fastest flyers could travel the distance needed in about six hours without stopping. However, it would be double that if not a bit more for the return journey and the weight of the cargo they would be carrying.

Our best chance is to send two flyers, they can watch and protect each other, only to simply report and ask for aid. Then both would come back swiftly after the message has been delivered. We can't afford for any of us three to go. Jess has her magic, medical aiding and fighting abilities. Meylo has his strategy and fighting abilities, as do I. The flyers with assistance would not get here in time and they could possibly arrive during the attack and would be raided themselves.

So, tonight we would have to make due with just ourselves as we did when we were in Riverira. Before the third night begins, those from Riverira would have arrived with supplies and hopefully some warriors to add to our numbers. I could only hope that since they are used to the savagery of their own bandits, they could hold their own against these pirates for as long as they can.

Although I know that Meylo and Jess share my concerns for what troubles will come. Since we began our journey together, we have shared many firsts. On the first day, we encountered each other. Both seeing our "enemy bird" for the very first time. That very same hour we saw a Kijod. We had seen a new town, one that we had been misinformed by our history books slightly. We saw our first altrika which I was grateful that Jess was able to disable quickly before it could be set off. And neither of us would never forget that it was also that day that Meylo saw magic for the first time as well.

Now we have another first to contend to. While we have our experience with bandits, come what should be supper time amongst loving families and friends, we will face off against pirates. While Jess is tending to the wounded, she is also setting up spells to be activated at her word so that the hospital would be protected. Meylo is making preparations on the out skirts in the tree line. Meer might be wary of the forest for good reason but we could use that to our advantage.

Due to the thickness of the trees, we could hide the hatchlings and any who could not fight in there. While they claim to know nothing about the woods, they in fact know well enough to know what to avoid and where exactly are the clearest paths as they have seen them when they fly above.

I was talking with some of the elders and surveying the port's edge. Further out I could see the waves crash against the rocks like they were receiving a beating for stealing. Despite the waves being so treacherous, with the full light of the moon, one could easily navigate through them and come to port safely. That is, if one could see. I may not know a spell to block out the moon light, but I do know one that can create mist.

With enough concentration, I can make the mist last a long time and spread far out so that the mist will act as a wall for the town. I highly doubt that all the ships will crash but we can certain thin out their numbers. I'm still over the sea as I watch the flyers leave, wishing and sending prayers to them that they reach Riverira safely and with welcome. Then I wish and pray for us for tonight.

Excuse the short chapter. Had a lot going on this month and I finally got my glasses. Hope to keep my stories going and I hope you guys keep liking them.