SEVENTH AUTUMN

Seventh Autumn

There are no chirping birds to be heard in this place, the wind is heavy

There are no chirping birds to be heard in this place, the wind is heavy. Only few cars found outside, and they have the same feeling as me; pain, sadness and suffering. This is the seventh autumn; seven years from the past, where all worsts incidents happened. I couldn't do anything but to look outside. My left foot was chained and I'm only here inside of dark chamber. I couldn't scream for help and I'm here inside of his place.

I am depressed. I lost my child, he succeeded about aborting it and his own pharmaceutical company, created a thing and it wiped out the half people of this country. To finish everything he had started, he needed to make a time machine.

Hindi ako tumingin sa pintuan nang ito ay bumukas. Dalawang lalaki ang pumasok at agad na pinosasan ang dalawa kong kamay saka tinanggal ang kadenang nakatali sa aking kaliwang paa. Kinaladkad nila ako palabas at ako pa rin ay tulala at hindi makaprotesta. Malakas pa rin ang epekto ng itinurok nila sa akin at hindi ako masyadong makagalaw. Hindi ako makaisip ng paraan kung paano makatakas sa lugar na ito.

After several minutes, we stopped inside of laboratory. All i could see right now is a number of scientists from their pharmaceutical who are trying to continue an impossible project. Perhaps, his father hired these expert scientists to plan for making a time machine that is very impossible. To my surprise, someone gripped my jaw but i couldn't feel the pain from his grip. I couldn't feel myself, even my body. I'm still spaced out and not looking at people inside of this laboratory.

"Look at me now." I gave him a glance when I heard his voice again. Ganito siya kasama. Wala siyang awa sa lahat, dahil sa kagagawan niya ay maraming nawalang tao at kahit ang anak namin ay kaniyang pinalaglag.

"And what do you want me to say?" I retorted. "That you aborted our child, you've wiped out the half population of this country? Tell me, did you ever feel satisfaction now? Or did you even think how ruthless you are? Why everything ended up like this?" Napayuko ako at sunod-sunod na luha ang tumulo sa sahig dahil bigla kong naalala lahat ng ginawa niya.

"If this time machine succeeds, I will kill your friend in that damn chamber." I saw his gritted teeth while saying those words, threatening me. Because of nervous for what he had said, I held his hand.

"H-huwag mo siyang idamay dito!" I shouted but he only shoved my hands away. Not him, not him!

He sat down in front of me with a victorious grin that has been written on his face. "Just be thankful that I didn't end his life early." Tumayo na ito at pumunta sa ginagawang makina.

I closed my eyes intently as my tears rolled down. I held tightly the chains on my wrists. Bakit kailangan niyang gawin ang lahat ng ito?

I brushed my hair because of frustration. But my frustrations and cries stopped when a small sparks emerged in front of me. I scratched my eyes for the thought that i was only hallucinating. But the sparks grew bigger and it created a large green circle. If I'm not mistaken, the green circle is a portal. Scientists stopped working to their systems when they saw the formation of portal in front of me. My confusion changed into a surprise when a girl emerged from that portal. She is wearing a wedding gown and she is not just unconscious.

She is dead.

Her head is resting on my lap and her eyes were opened. There's a dry blood on her head and her skin looks so pale. It was indeed a bride...a bride came out from that portal. With trembling hands, I opened her left hand when i noticed something from it. It was a circular-shape pocket watch with sign of constellations.  Where did she come from?

When I touched the pocket watch to her hand, a green gleam of light appeared on pocket watch. The pocket watch turned into ashes and I immediately panicked when my hand absorbed the green light.

"That must be the power of time," scientist spoke. Nagulat ang lalaki dahil sa sinabi ng siyentista.

"Get her now!" my ex-husband shouted. I closed my hands as I stood up.

I want to leave here now. I want to change everything, I want to escape here.

Kinakabahang ako ay napatakbo at bigla akong napatigil nang biglang may berdeng lagusan sa sahig na aking kinatatayuan ang lumabas at bigla akong hinila pababa. Kusa na lamang nag-sarado ang lagusan at wala akong ginawa kundi ang sumigaw dahil pahulog ako nang pahulog.

I intently closed my eyes because of fear and nervous that I might fall to unfamiliar world.

I want everything change. Where all are fixed, far from reality I never expected to be happened.

***