Chp. 11

After successfully escaping my family without causing a scene I had hurried to catch Drew outside where she was supposedly waiting for me. Apparently Drew had parked in one of the side parking lots while my parents parked in the front, which meant I could search for her without worry. I was excited to see her, and I had nearly melted whenever she had flashed me her quick wink and closed mouth smirk earlier. She was definitely in a good mood, so I silently prayed that mood would continue on throughout the night whenever we would finally make it to Cielo.

Quickly exiting out of the front doors of the performance hall I felt my bag swinging freely around my body, nothing but enthusiasm carrying me along. I felt the last October night's coolness, allowing it to fill my lungs with a sense of renewal while my eyes scanned the parking lot for Drew.

I could feel my heart beating in my chest from the anticipation of seeing her, as if I was a teenager impatiently waiting for her to pick me up for our first date. I didn't understand why Drew made me feel so weird, but overanalyzing everything all the time wasn't fun, so I decided to welcome the emotions instead. They were more familiar now that it's been over a month since I had met her, but the feelings never faded with time. They were consistent, and deep down I could only hope they would never go away.

I spotted her then, my stomach flipping in response as I hustled through the thick crowd of people that were also trying to leave. I could see the smile on her face since she had hesitated to put on her helmet, and suddenly I couldn't help but think that specific smile was the most beautiful thing I had seen all night. I steadied my breathing before finally making it over to her.

She stood off of her bike, the heat between us apparent as she congratulated, "You did an amazing job. The choreography and the costumes and everything... it was all great."

I felt my face flush at her compliment, a smile spreading across my lips without my consent. Drew had the ability to make me smile like I had just won the lottery. All it took was for her to look at me a certain way and I was in the palm of her hand. Not to mention how much better it was whenever she decided to be all sweet.

I nodded, "Thank you, but you know all the hard work we put into it."

Looking up into her clear irises that seemed to be telling me a story within themselves I found myself mesmerized by her. This was a normal occurrence but tonight she just seemed different, as if she was happier than I had experienced so far.

Our tiny moment ended whenever she lifted up my helmet, "Demarcus and Maria are meeting us at my place."

It took everything I had to avert my eyes from her, not wanting our moment to end. I accepted the familiar red helmet from her and slipped it over my head, "Sure, let's go."

Drew just studied me for a second longer before sliding on her own helmet, finally joining me on her bike. There had been something on the tip of her tongue, something she had wanted to reveal but had refused within that significant moment. I was curious, hell I was always curious, but Drew was a type of mysterious I had yet to figure out. Forcing information out of her wasn't easy either, and if she wanted to share she would.

Drew started out onto the busy streets of New York, quickly making her way through the traffic towards her place. My arms instinctively tightened around her abdomen, allowing me to press my chest against her warm back. I didn't know what exactly it was about tonight, maybe all the excitement and how Drew looked completely stunning, but I found myself growing hot while I felt her against my body. My heart had refused to let up since I had been in Drew's presence, and I realized touching her right now was driving me mad for absolutely no reason.