Chp. 13

My first week back after our Halloween recital had been a success, me receiving quite a bit of compliments on my choreography from multiple students and professors. I was proud of my group for delivering it so well, and I was even more excited to get started on December's recital, which would be in a little under two months. We would have to work insanely hard, but I was okay with that, and I was sure my group would be too.

But it wasn't until Wednesday at school that I had received conflicting news, and that I would be granted an opportunity to choreograph my own solo or duet. The only negative was that it would limit me to only one group number, not two, which I found extremely unfair.

We had blown away the audience for the Halloween performance, which I had figured would earn us more stage time. I was obviously wrong, and I couldn't do a damn thing about it because I wasn't majoring in the Arts. They were subjecting me to my choice of degree and limiting me and my group's chances. I could tell they were trying to hide it behind the fact that if I wanted a personal dance I would have to give up a group number.

Which was something I would need to discuss with the group, I just wasn't sure how to approach it.

I wanted a personal dance, and I had strived for one since I had enrolled at NYU, but now that I was finally being offered the opportunity I felt torn. On one hand I had my group that looked up to me, and they all loved dancing. Limiting their ability to one dance didn't seem worth the trouble of choreographing a solo, because I felt like I was taking away from them as well. Then on the other hand I was dying to choreograph a solo and get feedback from it, mostly because I hadn't been granted the opportunity in four years.

Suddenly I no longer wanted to make this decision.

So after school Wednesday I had instantly sent a mass text to my group, asking them to be at the studio Thursday for our regular time. I knew they would show considering we hadn't met up Tuesday so I could get some of my stuff together, and I was eager to have the discussion with all of them present.

But my mind mostly remained on this weekend, and how Drew and I were planning on heading to Boston Friday afternoon. I was overly excited to be spending a few days with her, hopefully uninterrupted, and getting away was something I desperately needed.

After the recital Saturday I felt as if I was starting to suffocate being here and I didn't know why. I figured maybe because I was afraid Ashley would show up again, or maybe because Jordi was now completely ignoring me and being a little bitch. Everything that had happened last weekend had somehow traveled over to my first week of November and it was really bringing me down.

So leaving with Drew this weekend would be good for me.

I was currently making my way down the street towards the gym having taken the bus instead of the cab. I was anxious for the meeting with my group but I found myself even more nervous to see Drew, which was something I found never got old. Nervous really didn't suffice for the feelings I had when it came to her, because I wasn't nervous, but more excited than anything. Being in her presence always made me feel better, and I guessed I felt so eager to see her because I had been feeling really low this week.