Forever

*Readers pov*

I split off with Ellie and Maria as I run through rooms of dead bandits, hopefully from Joel.

I drop down from a railing, seeing Joel in the doorway, shooting.

I slide next to him and Tommy behind cover of a desk.

Joel: Cutter! Is everything okay?!

You: How is anything okay?!

The shots still ring out from 2 bandits in the room, behind cover and at the other side of the room.

To my right I see Maria, ducking down and popping out to shoot at the men. Ellie must be with her.

Tommy: Cutter, I'll cover as you'll move in.

You: Tell me when.

Joel: Wait, wait-

I clock my pistol, adding a new mag with only 2 bullets.

Tommy: Now!

He shoots out of cover as I leap over the desk and run forward for me to jump the middle table where and leap off. I spin in the air whilst sending off 2 shots.

I land as I hear them drop. Following silence, I pull out my empty mag dropping it on the floor.

Tommy: Fucking nice, kid!

Maria and Ellie get out.

I see something shining on a dead mans body, I slide over and pull out a metal cartridge from the front pocket of the coat.

I open it, full of fags and cigars.

I close it and store it in my backpack.

Maria and Tommy are arguing, Ellie explains quickly to him what happened as I search until finally pulling out a new mag and clocking it into my pistol.

I stand up, Ellie tackling me with a hug.

Ellie: You're ok!

You: So are you.

She pulls away.

Theres quick footsteps coming towards the room.

I quickly pull in Ellie for a hug tightly.

Ellie: C-Cutter?

My hands slide down her back and down further.

She tenses up and muffles sounds from her mouth.

Ellie: C-Cutter?!

She tightly hugs me back from tensing in shock as I pull out the gun from her back pocket and aim at the door, bandit coming in and me killing him by shooting his head.

He drops right next to Joel, he looks up at me but looks away after.

I put the gun back as I place her back.

She's super red in the face.

You: You ok?

She slowly puts her thumb up, not breaking eye contact whilst speechless.

Ellie:...Y-Yeah...

*Timeskip*

You: Joel?

Joel: Ellie took a horse!

We both start running to the stable with Tommy.

I jump on the back of Joels horse.

You: Why?

Joel:...I upset her.

You: Fuck me, Joel, what did you say?

Joel: As Maria was arguing with Tommy, Ellie spoke to me and asked what will happen. I insisted we'll talk about it later-