Dancing

*Readers pov*

That noose, in the corner of my room, looks more and more inviting.

I realised, I cannot be loved by anyone and I was lied to my whole life. This whole pain, it's because of him.

I don't know what to feel. I don't feel anything. I have been emotionless for about 2 days straight.

Of course, Jesse goes in my room for time to time but Joel feels too guilty to see me, not mentioning Ellie.

Anyways, here I am, stood up. Looking at my clock, it being time to leave for Jesse.

I open my door and exit. Seeing Jesse.

Jesse: Thank you for listening and coming with me.

You: Ok.

I haven't felt a single emotion for such a long time.

We move to the lake, snow everywhere. The water of the small and deep lake must be freezing.

You: We are here for?

Jesse: Getting you fixed up.

He then pushes me into the lake.

I fall through, the ice cold water waking me up. I swim up and breath in deeply from the cold water. I blink many times, shaking.

You: Jesse? What the fuck?

Jesse pulls out his hand for me and pulls me up from the water.

He sets down fresh cold in the middle of the open.

Jesse: You had a cold bath, clean clothes, and we'll set for the dance.

He places me next to the lit campfire. The warmth emitting my coldness.

You: Dance? What? Jesse!

Jesse: Tonight, songs will be playing at the bar. Once you set things straight with Seth, I have a suprise.

You: What?

Jesse: You'll see. It'll be a refreshing night. Because you're my bro, I got you.

You:...Thanks man.

I take off my clothes, showing the tattoos. I have angel wings on the back and (Whatever else you want).

I put on the fresh ones as I throw those in the fire.

Jesse: Lets go.

I move with him to the bar.

You:...Whe3res Ellie?

Jesse: Don't know, don't care. This isn't about her.

You: I just don't want to see her accidentally.

Jesse: We won't. I think.

We move into the bar, everyone stops talking, looking at me. They remember.

I move to the front to Maria.

Maria: Y/N. Hey.

You: Yeah?

Maria: All this must be hard...Well, this is a good start to feeling better.

Seth comes out with a sandwich wrapped up.

Seth:...Hey, Y/N.

You: Seth.

Seth:...I just want to apologies. I was drinking and I shouldn't have said that about your girlfriend. If you're not going to forgive me, I understand. But here.

He passes me the wrapped food.

They wait for my reaction. None.

He taps his buckle.