Hospital

*Readers pov*

Spring. Beautiful.

I don't have my big puffy coat but my usual cloak and longsleeve.

You: How many months has it been since winter?

Joel: Too many. Why?

Ellie today is moping, quiet and something is bothering her. To our surprise something has her excited as we run through the building trying to catch up.

In the end, a giraffe is eating leaves right next to us.

Joel and Ellie pet it.

Ellie: So fucking cool.

I reach my hand over, it licks my hand with its long purple tongue.

You: Fucking ew.

I wipe my hand on Ellies face.

Ellie: Fucking ew!

She giggles and wipes it off with her shirt.

It leaves.

We catch up, going upstairs and outside again. Seeing many giraffes walking.

I lay against railing, looking

Joel: So...this is everything you were hoping for?

Ellie: It's got it's ups and downs. But...you can't deny the view. Beautiful...

You: Beautiful.

I look at her as she looks in my eyes.

She pulls down my bandanna. She looks at my lips and back at me again.

Ellie: You know, the scar does look good on you.

You: Thanks. You're still ugly.

She elbows me as I chuckle.

Joel: Ellie, you know it doesn't have to be like this.

Ellie: What other choice is there? We haven't done all of this for nothing.

She walks through the door.

*Timeskip*

We go through a water flowing path so we can get to the hospital. This underground is made for trains but the current is so strong that if I got sweeped into this, I'd not out-swim it.

I catch Ellie as we continue on some Vent shafts.

Ellie jumps on a bus thats on its side, I follow and behind me Joel too.

Ellie: Oh- Shit.

The whole bus shakes as the current sweeps us as a whole, being ontop of the bus.

Joel: Run, you two!

Me and Ellie make it to the end but the platform breaks upon Joel as he falls down due to the collapsing doors on the bus.

You: Fuck, I'm going to go get him.

Ellie: Are you crazy, you son of a bitch?! No!

You: I have to!

Ellie: Let's go through the side and help him!

She points.

You: Good idea!

We run accorss the platform and I line myself up with the doors that I see Joel pinned against the current.

I leap and land as Ellie follows behind. We are riding the water slowly as all 3 of us try and rip the doors from it's stuck position.

You: Fucking open!