Rust

*Readers Pov*

I leave the theatre, holding my bleeding cheek whilst breathing heavily.

I continue to walk down the street, Ellie appearing and joining me too whilst holding her liver.

We don't share words, just walking forward.

We don't acknowledge our presence, just walking forward.

We don't even catch our breath, just walking forward.

We both know we finished the fucking job. Killed both of them.

I huff, exhausted.

You:..."Chris"...if it's a girl then "Ela" or something...

Ellie: I love it...babe.

You: Fuck, I love you, Ellie.

I grab her shoulders, kissing her deeply and lovingly.

Ellie: I love you more, Y/N.

We made redemption for Joel and for everyone we lost.

*Ellie Pov*

*Flashback*

Abby: All for that Father-killer! All for your shitty murderous boyfriend!

Me: You'll pay!

Abby: As we speak, Conner is stabbing Y/Ns heart furiously! He would fuck him up in any fight!

Me: You'll fucking see! I love Y/N too much for him to die! Y/N stabbed his neck by now as Conner is begging for forgiveness!

Abby: Show yourself! You and Joel killed my father! All I have now is Conner! You killed all my friends!

I come out of cover and jump on her back, stabbing her stomach as she throws me over her and punches my fucking liver.

I move out of the floor, grasping my knife as I look down on her with anger.

Me: Me and Y/N were together since kids, he saw how I went from innocent to the most brutal killer like him. Now, you'll see yourself. This is for Joel and everyone else you fucking killed!

*Flashback End*

*Readers Pov*

2 years after the redemption.

I look down at my hand, a huge cut is across it, reminding me of Connor.

Ellie: Dummy?...

You: Yeah, Dumbo?

The warm sun blazes on me from inside the house as I sit on the chair. I play the guitar slowly.

Ellie: Jessie, Tommy and Dina are here.

You: Good...

I stand up, putting the guitar down. I scratch my full beard thats kinda thin.

I walk over to the table and sit down on a chair, waiting. Dina, Tommy and Jesse take off their shoes and sit down on the chairs.

You: Good to see you all. Hope you had a good evening.

Ellie sits next to me, leaning back.

Tommy: We're all doing just dandy. Where's the monster?

Chris runs into the room.

Chris: Uncle Tommy!!

Fuck, he's 2 but a huge fucking pain these days. He has every aspect of me; hair, laugh, eyes, skin and same lips.

He leaps into Tommy's hands as he catches him.

Tommy: There you are, you little monster!

Tommy has a single eye, the other one is gone.

Jesse has a huge mark across his cheek.

Dina: So how's settling into the new house in Jackson?

Ellie: Pretty good, actually, we love it here.

Jesse: Pfft, good, Maria loved what you did.

You: Avenging Joel and saving you 2, it was because we wanted to. I don't know how I could handle any of you dying too.

(Yes, Jesse is alive. They killed him off like he was fucking nothing. Hope you don't mind too much)

Jesse: We love you all very much. Seeing the menacing boy and girl who entered this place for the first time, finally, making me a uncle.

Chris: Auntie Dina?

Dina: Yeah, kid?

She bends over him, smiling whilst he's in Tommy's hands.

Chris: Are you babysitting again with uncle Jesse?

Ellie: They are very busy these days, Chris.

Jesse: About that, you seem busy with the new little monster.

You: Emma? She's just a baby, we already handled Chris so this should be easy.

Ellie: Not too sure for that, babe...

She holds my hand.

You: Atleast I hope.

Chris: I'll protect her with my life. I swear.

Tommy: Good kid! She needs protecting in this world, you will be her strong big brother.

You: I had a big brother, he looked over me. You need to be a big brother to her.

Chris: Ok, Dad!

It feels like that, you know? Time flying by so fucking quick that you have a second child now. So fucking quick that you get called Dad even before you know what happened.

To the point of remembering all of the best moments. All the cute moments with your kids. All the struggles and what happened back in the day when you were younger.

It's all so quick, too quick, if you don't get to look around to enjoy things then everything zaps by without a notice.

Now, you're left in the world where undead creatures eat each others guts out and you're supposed to raise a child with another baby.

No matter, you love the woman who was there for you no matter what, the one who loves you for who you are.

Together, a badass couple is made, nothing stopping them. Protecting their kids until it takes them to the grave.

Me, Y/N, being the wise and stern whilst Ellie is the loving and badass person that everybody knows the story of vengeance.

I can see the future perfectly with my kids, Chris will become a killing machine like me and wise whilst protecting Emma who is a skilled fighter like Ellie.

It's me and Ellie, down to the last drop, passing on our skills until we inevitably die together. Sounds like a dream come true in a dark way, huh?

Chris: Dad?

You: What, boy?

Chris: How did you and Mum meet?

Ellie: How about I'll tell you that story tonight, yeah, champ?

I stand up, inspecting the 4 looking at Chris whilst smiling.

This, alone, makes me smile. Finally seeing all my friends and family together happy. Only if Joel was here, he would've been the best uncle ever.

I, from Joel, would teach Chris the way of being a man just like Joel taught me. Joel taught me how to be a amazing survivor, he was like a father to me and I miss him so dearly.

I pull Ellie into a kiss as she hugs me tight.

Ellie: Not you getting emotional.

You: I'm glad I have all of you. Joel would be proud.

We all have a loving smile.

You: Thank you, all of you. You are all the best.

(This is it. Almost the end. By the way, what do you think is the most best way to die in this book? Asking just out of curiosity)