Home

*Readers pov*

I got a little house to myself. Exactly like Ellie has. We are neighbours.

This life in Jackson is just...hard to settle in. Especially with my current state of feeling crazy and at the brink of insanity.

I met this guy, Jason, pretty chill. Everyone else is scared of me.

I have a boxing bag at the side of the room held by a strong metal chain, pull-up handles on the roof that are also held by chains is next to the bag.

A bunch of weights are down on the floor aswell. Theres a huge bar bell that I curl and many dumbells The person before me here, he was a workout maniac.

I have a little desk too, a nice place for me with tools in the drawers to improve my weapons and fix them.

The bed is pretty big, fitting at least 3 people max. Pretty cool and comfortable, not used to sleeping anywhere else but the floor.

There's electricity in this city, the place is always lit up and kept working with everyone doing jobs to help out and modernize the shelter. I usually do hunting, guarding or clearing infected zones.

I get massive praise, being the word of "Cutter" and "FireFlyHunter" doing his skilled combat.

Joel and Ellie are pretty comfy here. I haven't seen them much.

I'm waiting for Jesse to come and pick me up to fuck about.

I wear a long sleeve shirt that has it's sleeves pulled back to my forearms, my collar bones showing and some hints of scars. My muscles are seen a bit too much but it'll be okay.

I hear a knock at the door.

I open it.

Jesse: Yo, cunt, how are you?

He invites himself in as he takes off his shoes. I just sit back at my desk as he shuffles towards the boxing bag and throws punches to it in his puffy coat.

You: I'm feeling shit. What about you?

Jesse: Couldn't be better. You'll be meeting some of my friends.

You: And now I'm doing even shitter, thanks.

Jesse: It's what you get for walking around with a bandanna, time for you to drop it and introduce yourself with your real name.

You: No. I don't mind people calling me Cutter.

I inspect his fighting style, he throws more punches.

Jesse: Do you have any idea how long you will be here?

You: No.

Jesse: Exactly. Could be years. Everyone here is your friend.

You: Fine.

I stand up.

You: My names Y/N. You?

I practice, holding out my hand.

Jesse looks at me wierd. He begins laughing.

Jesse: Again but relax, looking tighter than your cutie neighbor.

I relax. Leaning back.

You: Fine. Hey, I'm Y/N.

Jesse begins laughing.

I cringe. This is not like me at all.

You: Wow, thanks man.

Jesse: I'm sorry, Y/N, it's just too funny.

The asian is a fucking twat, confirmed.

Jesse: Just be chill.

You: Or, how about, we just chill and drink?