Range

*Readers pov*

Just a fucking infected university. Mostly staying close and protecting Ellie.

You: No fucking chance, all a waste with no humans.

Ellie: You think Infected still have a bit of human in them?

You:...I'd like to think not.

Ellie:...Heaven?

You:...I'd like to think so. Even though I'm not welcomed.

Ellie: We'll see. Once we die together.

Oh, hah, we're carrying on this joke from that car situation?

You: Yeah, bleeding out slowly.

I carry the joke on, using the same words.

Ellie:...How was life before this?

You: How should I know? I was born into this like you.

Ellie: What about your parents? Someone must have gave you life.

You: Or I crawled out of hell. Maybe I got hit too hard on the head because I have no idea. You?

Ellie:...They're dead. Marlene said so. It was just a long time ago, I have no clue.

You: Your parents would have dispised me.

I joke a bit.

Ellie: Nahhh. I'd introduce you and they would have adored you.

You: They would have loved how I killed so many people.

The man turns the corner.

Joel: Enough talk you two.

Joel enters after searching everywhere else.

You: Finally. Let's move.

Theres sudden crashes above us. This Uni fucking sucks.

We move upstairs again, we go through another door and forward to the hallway. Theres a labatory looking place.

You: So...This is the right place but with 0 people.

The light behind us falls as we turn around. We hide behind cover but Ellie stays standing.

Ellie: Could have just been a clicker.

Joel: No, Clickers don't hide.

We move further forward. Going into a room and searching before we hear some crashes behind a door.

Joel opens the door and a bunch of monkeys run away.

Ellie: Well, maybe afterall that research, they turned into fucking monkeys.

Joel: Keep searching until we find something

We go towards a door, a clear skeleton of a previous survivor is on a chair. I kick the door open, sending the things blocking the door at the floor.

We move in as Ellie sits down, flicking through files. Joel picks up a audio recorder and clicks it.

AudioRecorder: If you're looking for the FireFlies, they've all left.

Ellie: No shit.

AudioRecorder: I'm dead. I will be soon. I've got some time to reflect-

Joel skips it forwars.

AudioRecorder: Felt like years we were-

And again.

AudioRecorder: The whole thing was a massive fucking waste of time-

And again.

AudioRecorder: Not going to do this anymore.

Ellie sighs, no hope.

Joel: Come on.

AudioRecorder: If you're looking for the others, they've all returned to Saint Mary's Hospital in Salt Lake City. You'll find them there, still trying to save the world.

Ellie: You know where that is? Is it far?

Joel: It ain't close.

We see a bright flashlight the story below us and opposite side from the windows.

Ellie: FireFlies?

You&Joel: Get down!

We duck before getting shot.

*Timeskip*

We move back, killing bunch of those pricks.

We go to open a door but 2 men fly out and push Joel to the railings of the high height. I manage to pull one off and begin punching the shit out of him.

He quickly pushes me off as he pulls out his knife and so do I.

We both charge as he jumps up where I tackle him, seeing the opportunity.

He grabs my neck in a choke in the air as I begin repeatably stabbing him in his back.

He screams and I throw him off the railings, only for him to keep hold of me and we flying down together.

On the way down, he slashes my face and stabs my leg deep. I groan in pain as in anger, I slash his throat.

I black out at the impact.

I wake up to me at the lower floor. Looking to my right, Ellie pulling Joel up from being impailed by a rusty spike. He bleeds everywhere.

My eyes are blurry as I can't see out of my left eye.

Ellie runs over.

Ellie: OH, FUCK, Y/N!

She quickly drops to her knees and lifts my head up.

You: I'm...fine. I can't see out my left eye.

Is it that bad?

She tries to pull me up as I groan loudly, my left leg is fucked.

She goes under me, holding my arm around her shoulders in support.

Joel: Cutter...Fuck...let's get to the horses.

You: Joel...are you going to be ok?

We both sound fucking hurt and I think we're both passing out from blood loss.

*Timeskip*

We managed to get to the exit doors where Joel trips over and sends both of us flying down the stairs. My legs had so much pain as the mud mixes with the slash in my face.

You: Joel...you fucking old man...

Joel:...Ahh...fuck, Y/N...

Ellie kills a guy trying to steal our horse.

I go on my stomach and pull my self up, seeing all the blood dripping from my face onto the floor.

That must have been from the fall and not the cut...right? I still can't see out my left eye...

My horse comes over and I try to get on but Ellie interrupts me by trying her hardest to pull me up.

I get on, Ellie going infront of me as Joel rides ahead, passing out on the horse and laying there, resting.

I rest my head on her shoulder as she rides on.

Can't wait for it to get colder...It will get so much worse.