(5) Midnight Snack

"You're as light as a feather Elizabeth. Fufufu. Not heavy in the slightest" She was still fighting to stay awake but that was fine I liked having another person to talk to other than myself. "Maybe you should tell my mother that" Her eyes had turned away from my view although I knew why her mood had changed. Elizabeth and her mother were not on good terms. Even if at times they got along the rest of their combative interaction made for good entertainment.

"I do not need to. If she refuses to believe facts then she is quite moronic" That poor excuse of a mother would be the death of her innocent daughter and it would be wonderful watching as it unfolded. When she finally realized her mistakes, it would be too late. The guilt would eat her alive just as it had with the previous victim's families. She would not even know if Elizabeth was dead or alive but that would best part. My fun would be satisfied and her death needed to be drawn out until the very last second since I could very well be forced to wait another century to obtain another.

"We're quite different in size, Mingo. It's easy for you to say I'm light when I'm only half your height" I must have been thinking too much since when Elizabeth spoke, I saw this annoyed look on her face as if she had already said her sentence once before. Maybe she had however I did not keep her waiting to avoid causing a problem. "Hm? You are practically skin and bones little Elizabeth. We will have to fatten you up some before this game comes to an end" I had not meant to say that and before I could take back my statement she had already started to speak. "What game?"

I needed to come up with something since drawing negative attention would not benefit me in the long run. "The game of life" Her eyes narrowed for a second but when they returned to normal, I waited to see what she would say. "The board game? I haven't played that in years" This so-called game was not what I was referring to although I left it alone and just played along with her. It saved me the task of trying to come up with a lie after all. "Why have you not played in that length of time?"

The doll I had sent through had only been watching her for a couple of weeks but I had already learned so much about her. Usually, I had to wait a few days or months before making a move although thanks to that foolish new owner I had everything I needed to follow Elizabeth long before she moved into the house. She was a unique one, neglected and somehow so headstrong. It would be a real treat to watch that spark die.

"My mother took away my board games after I failed the eighth grade. She said they were distracting me from studying" I had resumed listening to Elizabeth and something from earlier had crossed my mind. "For an adult you allow people to step on you quite easily" I had known she was of age although still a teen as far as I was concerned. "Elizabeth?... Oh, you are asleep... Fufufufu. Perfect" Looking down at her I let my smile fade for a second before I threw her over my shoulder. With her asleep, I did not need to keep up my appearance of being nice. If she had stirred awake of course I would change although for now, it was to fall.

The guest room was just down the hall so I picked up my pace before turning the knob and stepping inside. It was simple inside, not at all elegant like the other rooms in the palace. This room was to serve as a place to set my prize until I returned her to the other world. Setting Elizabeth down on the bed I held her arm up and let it fall back until I was satisfied, she was in fact asleep. It had been such a long time since I had had anything fresh from a direct source so my gums stung as the fangs emerged.

"Fufufu. This will not hurt, not one bit, I promise. Fufufuf" As my fangs sunk into her tender neck, I felt her try to shift and start whimpering. I had a tight enough grip on her to keep her in place although that soft whimpering refused to stop. Maybe the part of it hurting had been a lie but she had not been awake to hear it anyway. I did not want to take too much so reluctantly pulled my fangs free before licking at the wound when small lines of red appeared on the skin. "Your blood is good I will give you that, Elizabeth. Fufufu. Maybe it would be worth keeping you around after our game ends"