(27) Marriage Plans

A Few Weeks Later...

"Doffy, what do you think about these flowers?" Doflamingo had been pretty quiet today although he needed to speak up now to tell me about the flowers I was picking. "I do not care. You may have whatever your heart desires" That wasn't the answer I was looking for, I needed a yes or no. "Lazy man. Tell me what you think about these flowers" I practically shoved them in his face but relaxed when he pushed my hands away. "They look fine. Honesty, I do not see why you are paying attention to such details when our wedding is only between us"

He had said that although now I wanted to convince him to be more open with our plans. A small wedding was fine with me but it didn't seem right if only three people were present. Hell, I was pretty sure this man wasn't planning on having the marriage person here, he was somehow going to manage that task by himself. "Yeah, I've been thinking about that" Bringing them up always backfired on me but today he was going to sit back and let me speak. "What about it?"

"I want more people to attend... you know people like your f-" There it was. He hated when I brought up his family and I could understand a little bit but still, he was being unfair. "Do not finish that sentence, Ellie. You know how I feel about them" Doflamingo didn't care about our wedding, he only cared about me. So, this wedding was for me, and if I wanted something he was going to have to let me have it. "Don't be such a negative Nancy. Come on Doffy you have been fine with Sugar being here"

"She has been walking on thin ice too. I am still upset with her" It had been weeks since the doll incident but he needed to get over it. "From how I took it you loved having me as a doll. How did you put it again? Oh yes, you are too small to run away now" He was giving me a look although I just turned back to what I had been doing previously. "For a short time yes however after I realized you did not have the... the assets I changed my mind" That was right. Doflamingo was a bit of a pervert, I nearly forgot about that.

"Whatever you say Doffy. Hehehe. So, Sugar has told me the rest of your little family is hiding out in Dressrosa. We are-" Again he had interrupted me mid-sentence although that was fine. I was going to get what I wanted even if I had to play dirty. "You are not going anywhere. This palace is where you are safe" He could stay that all day but I knew better than to believe that. "I wouldn't call it safe"

"Safe from the outside world and if you remained in one spot you would stop bringing harm to yourself" At times I thought this man thought of me as his pet although saying that out loud was only going to start another fight. For now, I would keep that thought to myself and only use it when he made me mad in the future. "Not possible. I need to be free to roam the house and keep myself entertained"

"Fufufu. Ellie, I am not connecting with any others from my so-called family. You are lucky Sugar is still breathing" He wouldn't dare touch that girl, I had already told him that numerous times over the past few weeks. If Doflamingo wanted to continue to act like a brat then I was going to make a stand against him. "Well, I guess it's decided then" That smile of his widened but I knew shortly it was bound to fade. "Fufufu. I am glad you have finally listened to reason" He couldn't have been more wrong and as I pulled my ring off, I held it out to him. "Here is your ring back"

That smile was gone within a second but I could have cared less. He was the one refusing to give in to my little request. It wasn't like I was asking him to murder someone. I just wanted him to swallow his stupid pride and bring his family up here. "What nonsense is this!?" I didn't need to explain myself too much but I decided to tell him exactly what was expected from him going forward.

"You need to stop being such a hateful bastard. Go out and apologize to your family. That is an order, Doflamingo. If you don't at least try to reconnect with them we are done. I am not marrying someone who is afraid to let people in. You have spent years alone and now you need to go out into the world. That is the only way I am willing to marry you" Now, I had expected Doflamingo to be the first one to speak however it was Sugar who spoke up from her spot across the room. "Eliza, do you not think that is a little harsh? The Young Master has his reasons for not wanting to speak with the rest of the family"

"Two of his family members are dead. He was too concerned about himself to even c-" People must have loved to interrupt me although I understood why Sugar had done so. She knew what Doflamingo was like and was trying to protect me from crossing a line. "You need to be careful Eliza. The Young Master may have strong feelings for you but you can only push a man so far before they snap. Please, leave the subject alone. I fear for your safety"

"Ellie, are you coming or not?" I hadn't even noticed Doflamingo had walked away but I was confused why he was standing by the door. He was also holding my ring out expecting I would take it. "Where are we going?" Depending on his next answer I would accept my ring back although I had my doubts that Doflamingo would be swallowing his pride anytime soon. "Into town. I want you in a wedding dress for our wedding and the shop is too busy to come up here" While he didn't say anything about his family, I knew just being in town would make this easier and for that reason alone I allowed him to slip my ring back on my finger.

"I highly doubt that's true but if we're going down there, I want to bring Mr. Mittens with me" Doflamingo hated my little kitty and he immediately tried to stop me from bringing him although he should have known my word was final. "No, you can not bring that ca- Fine, the cat may come along" He needed to lighten up, he should have been thankfully I didn't have several more pets here to keep me company. "You're just jealous Doffy. Come on Mittens"

'Meow'

When Mittens followed me to the door, I waited for Doflamingo to come back to his senses and follow behind. "I despise that cat" He could say that all day but this cat was never going anywhere so he needed to deal with it. "Watch the house, Sugar. We'll be back later" We could have brought her with us although I had already decided Mittens would tag along. Having two things he hated in the same space wouldn't be smart. "What? Why do I have to stay here?"

Of course, she had been disappointed but I took the time to explain it to her. "Someone needs to watch the palace and make sure nothing happens to it" She was a lot older than me however her personality still mirrored that of a child. I needed to be careful with Sugar and as she stared at me, I watched as her arms crossed over her chest. "That is fair. You can leave I will protect the house"

"We'll be back before you know it. Good luck!"

Doflamingo's Pov

Elizabeth had already made her way out of the room but I stayed behind for a moment. "She is lively today. Fufufu. Is the opinion to lock her in the dungeons still unwise?" That was perhaps the safest place in the palace although I knew better than to do that to her. She was not a fan of being caged and if I did such a thing, she would only inflict physical hurt on me. "Young Master, do not say such a thing. You will only make her mad. Do you not remember last week when you tied her to the bedframe?"

That had been a private punishment, Sugar should not have been informed of it. However, I knew Elizabeth only had that small girl to speak to during the time I was not with her. "Ellie needed to be punished last week and besides that bruise did not last long. Keep an eye on things here. If we have not returned by supper come to look for us. Do you understand Sugar?" The sooner we arrived in the town below meant I could return home before anyone could be alerted of my presence. "Yes, Young Master"

"Fufufu. Good, I knew I could count on you" With that, I was going to join Elizabeth although Sugar's reply stopped me in my tracks. "There is no reason to lie" She was a smart one. I had thought my words had been convincing however that must not have been the case. "Fufufu. Ellie said she wanted to see me be nicer. I suppose that is not my strong suit" I could be nice to Elizabeth all day although doing it with others was like swallowing acid, uncomfortable, and frankly bad for my overall health.

"She has changed you. Why do you allow her to do that?" Sugar had known who I had been before Elizabeth but she could not see the true effect that was present. It was not a bad effect although any enemy would think it made me weak. Elizabeth did not make me weak; she just made me annoyed on a daily basis.

"I like seeing her smile" There were others things I liked about that girl but before I could speak more about them Elizabeth shouted from down the hall. "Doffy, are you coming or not!? I'm waiting and you're taking too long!" She was such a fast-paced girl when the mood suited her but I did not mind, it kept things lively. "Yes, I will be there in a moment! It is best not to question it too much, Sugar. Watch the palace and alert me on anything out of the ordinary"

"Of course, Young Master. Have fun with Eliza"

"There is never a dull moment with her"

~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...