(15) Buttons

Elizabeth's Pov

"I did not hear you, Elizabeth. What did he call me?" Doflamingo should have heard me the first time although I knew my voice had trailed off towards the end. Taking a deep breath, I decided just to tell him. "He called you a button-eyed freak. I don't understand why he called you that" My eyes had returned to the cake in front of me but when I heard the sound of breaking glass I jumped. Looking up I noticed Doflamingo had broken his glass and the pieces were embedded in his hand. "Doffy! Oh my god! Are you okay!?"

He refused to look at me and as his fingers tried to pull the pieces free, I noticed his smile had turned into a frown. "Stupid glasses I cannot see anything with them on... There that is better" After the glasses were removed, I was left in shock as my mind repeated Law's words. Doflamingo didn't have eyes, no he had buttons in place of where the eyes should have been. It couldn't have been possible although nothing in this world made sense. "I will be right back, Elizabeth. This task requires a pair of tweezers"

The moment Doflamingo left the room I had already started standing up from my chair. This was just too much for me to handle. Without wasting any time, I began running towards the little door that would take me home. Maybe I would return tomorrow night but right now I needed to process what I saw. It didn't take me long to reach the room with the little door although the second I opened it a foot slammed it shut. "Elizabeth, I thought you were waiting for me. Where is it you are going?"

He sounded calm but nerves had gotten the best of me as I tried to reply. "I-I lost track of t-time" His foot remained on the door and I didn't dare try to move it by force. That wouldn't work out as his size alone made him twice as strong as I was. "Your parents are still asleep I do not know why you appear to be so nervous. There is still time until morning. Come along" He refused to move and I was trying to wait for an opening. "N-No, I'd like to g-go home. I'm getting sleepy and want to go to bed"

"You want to go home?" When his foot left the little door, I thought he had finally was going to let me return home for the night. "Y-Yes" My eyes were locked on the door but as Doflamingo's fingers gripped my chin I was forced to stare up at him. His sunglasses still were missing although I wished at that moment they were there. I couldn't stand staring at those buttons. "You are lying. I hate liars... Where did you put my key?"

"W-What?" His fingers refused to leave my chin even as my own tried to wiggle their way underneath. It was no use and when his frown deepened, I thought for sure he was going to use more force with me. "My key. Give it to me" That was the only thing I had that could get me back to my world. I couldn't just give it up to him without a fight. "N-No" I didn't think it was possible but as soon as I finished my sentence his frown dropped another level. However, that wasn't the worst part. Oh no, now Doflamingo had veins popping out of his forehead. "Give me the key! I will not ask a third time!"

"Y-You can't have it" With his fingers still gripping my chin I rolled to the side making him let me go. There wasn't much else of a choice so I immediately started towards the other side of the room hoping to put some distance between us. "This is not the time to play games with me... Suit yourself" I was standing by the doors trying to open them but as a slight shock came over my body I was forced to stop. "Elizabeth, you have been a very bad girl. You have broken the rules of the game. Fufufu. What shall I do to you?"

"L-Let me go!" This had to be his work although I couldn't see how he was controlling my body. "In time. However, our game goes on. Fufufu. Where did you put my key darling? If you do not tell me willingly I will off everything you have on until I find it" He had gotten so close to me that I could smell the iron on his breath and his threat had made me sick to my stomach. I wasn't about to take the risk. "M-My left pocket"