(19) Nearly Caught

Later That Night...

Doflamingo's Pov

"Elizabeth?" There was no response from the girl and as I looked over, I saw her eyes were tightly closed. I had not expected her to fall asleep being this close to me although was glad as now I could freely leave the room. "I will return shortly. Stay asleep until then my little doll" Leaving her alone was not ideal so with the help of my powers I left a string clone in my place. This way she would believe I was still there and would not leave the room in search of me. "Fufufu. No one will sway your thoughts again. I will make sure of it"

"I fucking hate you... Bastard" I had frozen in place although when I looked back, I noticed Elizabeth was still asleep. She must have been talking in her sleep but I was just glad I did not need to explain where I was going. "Fufufu. Sweet dreams Elizabeth" Closing the door I headed towards the troublesome wing fully intending to silence a certain problem. I should have taken care of it earlier however now was better than never. The wing was not far from my bedroom although for one reason or another the time it took to reach it was longer than usual.

When I finally stood in front of my destination I stared down into the darkness before I hit the wall causing the lights to flicker on. The wiring in this part of the palace was always difficult however I never cared enough to have it fixed. My eyes would work fine without the lights on but having them on made it easier for shadows to appear. She was a tricky one thanks to her power although I only needed to lay eyes on that brat once to attach my strings.

"I wonder where she is hiding this time? Fufufu. Let our little game begin"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime Later...

Elizabeth's Pov

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep but someone's scream had woken me up. "Jesus! What the hell was that!? Doflamingo, get up!... Doflamingo?" It was his job to find out what was wrong although as I stared over at the thing that sat on the edge of the bed, I narrowed my eyes. "Who are you? You're not Doflamingo... Son of a bi- Damn it! Doflamingo, you're a dead man!" I'm not sure how I knew this thing wasn't Doflamingo but somehow, I did. So, that only could mean he was the one causing someone to scream.

I shouldn't have asked what I did earlier but it was too late to take that back now. The only thing I could do was find out where that screaming was coming from. My first thought was to head toward the abandoned wing. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember where that was. All the hallways looked the same and I had only been here a short time so nothing really should out to me. Regardless of that I still picked a direction before I started my search.

"What did you tell her!?" That was Doflamingo's voice but he sounded furious. I could have turned back and returned to the bedroom although I didn't. Someone was in trouble because of what I had done. I needed to set things right, I couldn't live with myself if a person lost their life due to my stupidity. Following his voice, I eventually came to the beginning of a hall but I was confused as to why the lights were on. I had thought they were all broken however I couldn't think any more of that. The screaming had stopped and that caused me to worry.

Without a second thought, I started to run down the hall. I wasn't sure how far I had gone but my pace halted as I spotted the stupid feather coat Doflamingo wore from time to time. He was just standing there although after a closer look I could see he was holding someone up by their neck. "Hey! Let them go! You're going to kill them!" Running up to the pair I pulled at Doflamingo's coat since it was the closest thing I could reach. He did try to push my hands away but his other refused to leave that person's throat. Even with the little light I had, I couldn't make out just who he was holding.