(20) Things Got Better?

Sometime Later...

I couldn't keep track of how much time had passed although I figured it must have been a couple of weeks. Doflamingo would have known however I never really thought to ask him and besides, I had been enjoying myself. He had allowed me to venture outside whatever I wanted but he did ask that I told him I was going out. That was fine with me and even now he was sitting on the edge of the pool being the victim of my attacks.

"Why do you continue to splash me with water, Elizabeth?" If he didn't like it then the stubborn man could have left but since he refused to move it was fair game. "I was hoping you'd melt. Why are you just sitting on the edge of the pool? When I asked to go swimming it was implied, you'd come in the water with me" Doflamingo had stayed quiet for a minute as he just stared at me but when I moved closer, he did give his reasoning. "I cannot swim"

"Really? I don't believe that for a single second. Come on Doffy. The water isn't going to kill you" When I tried to pull him into the water, he only pushed me slightly away with his foot. "I am telling you the truth. In exchange for the power, I possess I lack the ability to swim. You would have realized that if you listened to what I told you. I have mentioned it several times before" Now, that would have been something I'd remember but my mind was drawing a blank. "You have? I don't remember you saying that even once"

"Yes, I have mentioned it several times" Our time together was short although still even when I thought back through the weeks, I was positive he never brought this up. "I don't remember you ever mentioning you couldn't swim. Are you sure you weren't just talking to yourself?" He often did that and it had been more than ten times when I had walked into the room while he was doing it. I'm sure it was a side effect of spending years alone but still; it was creepy since more often than not he would answer his own questions.

"Do not think too much Elizabeth, you will hurt yourself. Are you ready to dry off and go back inside? You have been in there for at least an hour at this point" My fingers had been getting quite wrinkly however I wasn't ready to get out just yet. "I want to stay out here a little longer. You never let me come out here unless you're with me. I always tell you I'm going out and you make me wait so right now I'll enjoy all the time I can get. You will have to wait" As I swam back toward the middle of the pool my eyes remained on Doflamingo almost as if I was expecting him to try something.

"I allow you outside every day as long as there is no rain. You are free to stay out here a little longer. However, keep in mind it is getting late" When he started to remove his feet from the water I finally thought about the time. I couldn't tell what time it was thanks to the darkness although Doflamingo always knew without even looking at a clock. "Yeah, but you're always watching me. It's kind of weird. You're like a stalker except I live with you... Oh, and what time is it?" I nearly forgot to ask although I knew, in the end, it wouldn't matter much. If it had gotten too late Doflamingo would have been stricter about me going back inside.

"No, I am simply a man protecting his lovely little partner from harm. As for the time, it is drawing close to six" I didn't think much of my partner's comment since really at this point I was letting him do as he pleased. However, I knew there was a line Doflamingo couldn't cross, and up to this point, he had behaved. "Harm? Yeah, because that flower over there is going to murder me for such if I'm left alone... I think I'm ready to go inside. What are we having for supper?"

"I have not decided and you have not given me an answer" He never had any food for himself unless I asked him to, that was a rare thing though. From what I knew it was hard on his stomach to eat a lot so the little he did manage to get down was enough for me. I usually only made him test my food if I got a bad feeling. That didn't happen often but there had been a couple of days where I swear, he had spent the mornings planning my murder.